[4] One Thing At A Time!

Carter was sitting at the island table, with his elbows prompted up on the counter, and his head in his hands. He knew that taking this job would bring in more money, but he couldn't just stand the thought of leaving Jacob here alone. Believing that Jacob needed to be on suicidal watch made him grow more anxious for his lover.

"I can't leave him alone," Carter spoke to himself.

He had placed, his finished bowl of cereal in the sink, and was still a little tired since Ryan woke him up from his nap. Walking upstairs, to go take a shower and think things over some more, his phone started to ring.

C.a.

"Baby, I just got to my phone, did you see that shit on twitter," Jacob said annoyed. "I may not approve of Falicia, but I'm starting to see why you like her."

I smirked at his sassy attitude, "Yeah, it's just the same ol' stuff, Jacob. No need to be hyped up over it." I placed my phone down, and turned it on speaker in ears reach. Stripping from my boxers, socks, and robe, I walked in the shower.

"Your right, but I hate them talking about you like that. It's not right."

"Says the one who hates what I do," I chuckled, scrubbing my drenched body in soap.

I couldn't really hear much of what he was saying, but I heard my thoughts clearly telling me to tell Jacob about the job opportunity in L.A. I just hope he persuades me to stay.

"Hey, Baby?"

"Yeah."

I stepped back a little out of the water.

"What do you think about me taking a job in Los Angeles?"

The line was completely silent, so I kept speaking. "It's good pay, and I'd be back in like a week. Ryan told me about it this morning, and isn't really giving me much of a choi-"

"You don't have to explain everything to me, C." He sighed. " I don't mind if you go, just come back the way you left."

"I always do." I smiled at his understanding. 

I just wish he wasn't so used to talking about this. Maybe than he'd hold me back like the other times.

"When are you supposed to be leaving?"

I turned off the water and stepped out onto the mat, grabbing my towel off the rack , wrapping it around my waist. I picked up my phone, and walked into my room that was adjoined.

"Sometime in the next two hours or so. Depends on when Ryan gets here." I said slipping on a pair of clean briefs

"Why so close? Nevermind that, I'm down the street, I'll see you at home."

The engine was roaring.

"Okay," I hung up.

......

"So why are you leaving so last minute," he sat on the bed watching me place clothes into my suitcase.

"In order for me to actually do this, Melissa wants me in L.A. by tomorrow afternoon." The zipper on the case, pulled around to the opposite side.

"But I thought you hated her, so why are you taking this? We don't need the money." Jacob stood up, helping me pack other necessities.

"If I'm going to stop perfecting in this soon, we need money to start putting away."