29. everybody wants to love

Começar do início

Bambi pulled his smiling face away from the window and unbuckled his seatbelt, scrambling out of Connor's car. Tristan let out another chuckle before easily following after him. They both jogged through the light rain, hand-in-hand. For some reason Bambi found this funny. Tristan just assumed he was excited. They were on their first date after all, even though Tristan still couldn't see it as one. He hadn't really planned much for them to do. He'd love to take Bambi out, but it was risky, and he didn't want to lose his curious boyfriend on their first date. So, the extravagance had to be kept to a minimum, and the few hours ahead for them weren't that much of an excitement either. Well, he assumed anything would be exciting for Brad. The night before, he was just happy going grocery shopping with Tristan, like they were taking a trip to an amusement park. The whole shopping was a hassle - the twenty-one-year-old having to run after him whenever he'd catch sight of something he liked, or having to stop him from crawling into the cart, and then stop him from crawling out of the cart and tipping it over. And then for one second, Tristan was deliberately contemplating which brand of raspberry ice-cream he should purchase when he looked over to his side to be only met with the tiled floor beneath his feet. He then looked to the other side of the aisle, unsurprised to see his boyfriend speaking gibberish and giggling with a stranger's baby. The sight was too adorable for Tristan to get upset, though, and it did something to him.

When the twenty-one-year-old looked at Bambi, he couldn't see him possibly spending the rest of his life without having him by his side. He really loved Bambi, even if he'd only known him since the end of August, and he wondered if maybe it were strange for him or too early for him to think about them having kids. He didn't like thinking about how slightly immature his boyfriend was - not that he had a problem with how Brad was, he loved him just the way he was - but taking care of a child held a lot of responsibilities, and then before he'd even want to consider having a child, they'd need to get married. Thinking about it gave Tristan a headache, and he still didn't know what would happen after the mission. Their lives would most likely be even crazier afterwards. Would they become 'most wanted' after freeing a shitload of government "weapons" in the world? At the moment, Tristan was assuming yes, but he wasn't sure. He just knew that he'd make a lot of people that have a lot of power over him upset, a lot of people that'd probably want him dead afterwards upset. They'd already swiped his memory before, he assumed that if the mission is successful that killing him would be the next step. Suddenly, Tristan felt scared, but he tried not to think about it. He was on a date with his boyfriend. A very normal indoor date with his boyfriend, and he didn't want to think about the future at the moment. There was a lot of time to worry about it.

Tristan unlocked the door to his flat, swinging it open and motioning for his boyfriend to enter before him. The curly-haired smiled and sauntered inside. He took in the apartment surrounding him, letting out a small, happy sigh. "One day, Tris, we will make this our home."

"Um, well, I don't think we're going to be able to stay here in the future." He closed the door behind them with his back.

"What do you mean, Tris?"

"It's not very safe. I don't think we're going to be able to settle down for a long time, love."

Bambi frowned before he took in the little table in the living room. A candle was set in the center of the square table, two plates resting on either side alongside tall glasses and utensils. It wasn't exactly the best set up, but Tristan tried to make it look as fancy as possible. The curly-haired boy giggled excitedly and took off for the table, his boyfriend rushing after him. "It is lovely, Tris!" he instantly said. The dark-haired boy pulled out the chair for him before his boyfriend plopped down, literally bouncing in the wooden chair.

"Wait, Bambi, do you notice something?" Tristan questioned.

He blinked at the older man before glancing around the flat, taking in every single element of it. "It is cold?"