"Where the hell is my boyfriend?"

Start from the beginning

“Look—,” Carly began before stopping herself short, her eyes narrowing out towards the window as she took a step towards it, “Wait… is that their car?”

Jumping up to my feet, I ran over to where Carly stood, peeking over her shoulder to see that it was. “What is it doing here?”

“Maybe Justin took that car instead of his own,” Carly suggested as she gave me a pouted look of unknowing.

“Only one way to find out,” Brushing past her, I hurriedly made it out of the door and down the steps nearly tripping on my own two feet as I did so.

Following behind, Carly shut the door behind her.

The car door opened as I held my breath, hoping and praying it was Justin but was soon let down when instead Bruce walked out, with an unreadable expression on his face.

“Bruce?” I questioned out loud as I took a few hesitant steps towards him, taken back that he came here. “Where’s Justin?”

Looking at anything but me, Bruce rubbed the back of his neck as he swallowed hard.

“Bruce?” I supposed, the silence that engulfed us suffocating me.

Shaking his head, he turned his attention down to the floor as he watched the tip of his shoe scrape against the cement.

Looking back at Carly with a worried expression on my face, she simply bit her lip, not knowing what to say. Whirling my head around, I let out a frustrated lament. “Are you going to answer me? What the hell is going on?”

Meeting my eyes for the first time since he came, I nearly gasped at the redness that outlined his eyes, a distant look in the soles of his irises as he stared deadpanned at me, “I’m so sorry,” He whispered, his voice hoarse.

“Bruce…” I trailed off, “What do you mean? What are you talking about? What are you sorry for?” I looked at him, baffled. Standing on the tips of my toes, I tried to look past him, “Where’s Justin? Is he with you? Did he call?”

“Kelsey,” Bruce cut me off, “Stop.”

“What do you mean stop? Where the hell is my boyfriend? What the fuck is going on Bruce?” I spat, not giving a damn at all at this point if the neighbors heard me as I hurriedly threw one question after another at him.

“If you can just come with me,” Bruce took hold of my elbow, “I’ll explain on the way—”

“No!” Pulling out of his grasp, I took a step back from him. “What are you hiding from me? What is it that you can’t tell me right now?”

Continuing to ignore my desperate pleas, Bruce merely stood there, lost in transition.

“Bruce—” I began before catching sight of the red residue smudged on the front of his shirt. Gasping, I slapped a hand to my mouth, “Is that—is that blood? Are you bleeding? Oh my God, what happened to you?”