Chapter 02|| "That penny-pinching boy just pushed me into a bush!"

Depuis le début

When I stepped out of the house, I saw Liam still running down the street.

"Liam!" I screamed, making him stop in the middle of the road. I jogged to him and put my hands on my knees, trying to breath normally again.

"What the hell are you doing?"

I looked up at him incredulously, "Excuse me for not having a perfect physical condition!"

He snorted, "That's not really what I meant."

"Oh." I answered with a surprised tone, "Then what did you mean?"

"I meant, why are you stopping me from running away from those two?"

"I'm not," I declared, "I wanted to ask you something."

Okay, complete and total lie. I honestly hate lying, but I had a weird interest on Liam Dunbar. And, even though it's totally beside the point, it wasn't just because he's really, really good looking.

What can I say? I'm not blind.

"Your foot, it was broken a few hours ago," I stated, giving myself props for coming up with such a good question on the spot, "How come you're running without being in excruciating pain?"

His eyes widened in surprise. What happened next I could sincerely say I was not expecting at all.

Liam pushed me back into a bush and ran away. I stood up instantly, anger rushing through my veins, "That's not nice!"

I fiercely began to stomp my way back to Scott, Wren, and Melissa's house. Had he seriously just pushed me into a bush? Why on Earth would anyone do that?

It was a really messed up way to avoid someone's question.

"What happened?" Demanded Stiles as soon as I walked in through the front door.

I looked at all of them and then raised my hands as if saying 'I don't even know', "He's not a very friendly person."

"What do you mean?"

"That penny-pinching boy pushed me into a bush!"

Scott, Wren, and Stiles burst out laughing.

"Did you seriously just say 'penny-pinching'?" Stiles inquired, laughing so hard that he fell down to the ground. Not too much afterwards, he was joined by Wren and Scott.

"Wow, you people are so nice." I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes.

"Okay, okay," Wren said, helping Stiles and Scott stand up. "We're calm now."

"Why did he push you into a bush?"

"I don't know, Stiles, I didn't really have time to ask him as he ran away!"

Stiles's expression hardened, "Kind of deserved that."

"Well, honestly, I'm exhausted and I already texted Jonah telling him that I'm staying the night. So, goodnight to you three," Then I turned to look at Wren, "I'm sleeping in your bed."

And with that, I dashed up the stairs, changed into one of Wren's pajamas and fell asleep in her bed.

As Wren and I arrived to school, we instantly headed to our lockers.

"So, just wondering," Wren said as she grabbed the necessary books from her locker, "Are you actually planning to attend any of our classes today or are you playing hooky in the library all day?"

"I want to say hooky in the library but if I'm ever planning on actually graduating I guess I'll have to attend to some classes."

"That's the spirit!"