"But-" I started, but was interrupted by Gabe.

"We will just wait outside," he told our families before bringing me outside the restaurant. We both burst out laughing as soon as we were outside.

"I can't believe you got us kicked out of the restaurant," he said, and I gasped.

"You were the one that made me laugh. Don't try pinning this on me," I said, laughing.

"You were the one that laughed loud enough to get a family to complain," he said as I continued laughing.

"How about we just agree that we both played an equal amount in getting us kicked out of the restaurant."

"Agreed."

After that, our laughter managed to settle down, and we kinda just stood there in an awkward silence. My shoes suddenly became a lot more interesting, and I turned my attention to them.

I felt as if someone was watching me, so I tore my gaze from my shoes to see Gabe staring at me. As soon as his eyes met mine, he smiled at me.

"Hey, Maya?" He asked, stepping closer to me. I felt my heart start beating faster as he placed his hand on my cheek.

"Yeah?" I breathed out, and he just leaned in closer to my face.

"I like you," he said and his eyes closed as he leaned in closer to me. My eyes fluttered closed and I felt myself leaning in as well. Our lips were millimeters apart when we heard something that made us both pull away.

"You!"

I turned to see Mr. Matthews glaring at Gabe while pointing at him.

"You better run," I said, turning back to Gabe quickly.

"Okay. Bye!" He said, running off down the street, Mr. Matthews immediately chasing after him.

I smiled as I watched him run away, biting my lip.

"EEEK!!" Riley squealed, running up to me, followed by Teddy and Topanga.

"He SO likes you!" Teddy said, smiling.

"You guys were so adorable!" Topanga said.

"YOU HAD YOUR FIRST ALMOST KISS!" Riley squealed.

"I realize that, Riles. No need for you to yell it for the whole world to hear," I told her, laughing.

"Well it's exciting!" She said, squealing again.

I saw Gabe running up to me and smiled immediately. He put his hands on my shoulders and stopped to catch his breath.

"Help. Me." He breathed, still trying to regain his composure.

"I don't know what I can do that could help you at this point," I said, laughing at the desperate look on his face. He looked behind me and saw all the girls, making his face light up.

"Hide me," he said, practically begging me.

"Okay, fine. But hurry up. I think I can see him leisurely making his way over here," I said, causing him to chuckle. He quickly hid behind me and the girls made a circle around him to keep him from being seen at all angles.

"Where is he?" Mr. Matthews asked, anger radiating off him as he tried to catch his breath.

"He went that way," I said, pointing down an alleyway to my right.

"And he thought I wouldn't catch him," he said, running off down the alley.

"That was close," Gabe breathed out, stepping out of the circle as soon as Mr. Matthews was out of sight. "Thanks, by the way. I'm pretty sure if you didn't hide me then I would've been killed."