Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"Way you can cut a rug, 

Watching you's the only drug I need.
So gangster, I'm so thug, 
You're the only one I'm dreaming of you see.
I can be myself now finally, 
In fact there's nothing I can't be, 
I want the world to see you be, with me," 

I giggled into the covers that were now pulled up more towards my face. I couldn't hold it in anymore as Louis bursted out the lyrics to the song, and I let my laugh echo through the room. A few seconds later, the shower turned off and I scrambled to look asleep, rearranging myself on the bed.

My heart was racing. He couldn't have heard me, right? I took a few deep breaths, trying to calm my pulse. After a few seconds, it started to calm down.

"I know you were listening to my singing." I heard, before I felt a weight press down on my body. I screamed, looking up at Louis who was in a towel, dripping with beads of water and laying on top of me.

"Get off me you idiot!" I said, pushing at his bare shoulders.

He chuckled, kissing my forehead. "Good morning to you too baby doll." 

The nickname he had for me sent shivers down my spine, and I tried to control the blush that crept up to my face. Only Louis could make me blush like that. I smiled up at him.

"Good morning." 

He climbed off me, and grabbed his suitcase that was on the ground next to mine. "I'm going to get dressed and then we can go sight seeing, yeah?" He asked, while rummaging around in his suitcase looking for clothes.

I nodded. "Perfect." 

He balled up a white v-neck, a pair of khaki cargo shorts and a maroon colored beanie. "I'll just be a moment." He said, before slipping back into the bathroom. 

I sighed blissfully, swinging my legs off the bed and planted them on the carpet below. The feel of the rough hotel carpet under my feet was unpleasant, but I had to get up sooner or later. I walked towards my suitcase and zipped it open. I crouched down so I was hovering above my suitcase and pawned through it. I was looking for something nicer to wear, seeing that I was going into town - with Louis of course. 

I settled on a pair of pink shorts, a pink and purple faded tank top, and I pulled out a pair of gold strappy sandals. That was okay for going into town, right? I mean, he didn't exactly say it was date - but he never said that it wasn't. I sighed, zipping back up my suitcase and heading towards the bathroom door.

I knocked gently on it, "Come on, it's almost ten." 

"Hold on, I'm shaving."

I rolled my eyes. "You have nothing to shave Louis." 

The door cracked open just a bit, to show Louis with half a face of shaving cream while the other was cleaned and shaved. "That's offense." 

I kissed him on the lips. "Hurry up please." 

He nodded, and went back to shaving. He didn't bother to close the door, so I pushed it open and placed my clothes on the counter. Louis splashed his face with some water, dried his chin and cheeks and walked out of the bathroom, closing the door after him. I mumbled a thanks and started to strip off my clothes. I decided against a shower since it'd take too long and I wanted to get going before the crowds settled into the downtown area. I heard it could be a disaster walking through Chicago during those times.

"Ready." I stated, slipping on my silver charm bracelet onto my left wrist. 

Louis smiled at me, and he shoved his wallet into his back pocket. "You got everything?"