Harry nods, his hands still tracing over the pattern for another moment before he decides to start what he came here for. Things are quite different for him this time around and he has a hard time trying to wrap his mind around maintaining their platonic and sexual relationship without developing some sort of feelings for her.

He thoroughly enjoys their pleasure filled nights but, now that his vision has cleared, he's beginning to realize that he wants more from this—from her. His heart is empty and it's in desperate want of affections and not just physical stimulation.

Thins move pretty quickly between them and, once they each manage to catch their breath, Carter's already got a cigarette between her lips. Harry's stopped debating with himself on the matter and he's decided to speak his mind and see where it leads him.

"I don't think that I can do this much longer."

It seems like Carter's ignoring him, the thick silence hangs heavily in the air despite the slightly opened window that's letting in a light breeze and cooling the room.

After a few moments, she sighs, angling the smoke from her exhale toward the window in common curtesy. "I was hoping you weren't going to say that."

Harry keeps his eyes on her, the way that her lips pucker as she releases the smoke from her lungs is enticing all on its own. A moment passes and his eyes flicker to the city that buzzes with life below them, a gentle sigh falling from his lips. "So, what would you like me to do?"

"Depends. What exactly can't you do anymore?"

Her eyes meet his, questioning and very calm. Her pupils are slightly dilated from the nicotine and he gets a little lost as he thinks about his answer.

It's not something that's awkward in its nature like it should be, rather, it's comforting and lacking pressure. Although, she is patiently waiting for his answer on the matter.

He's not really sure how to word it without directly saying that he wants a relationship, one that's not platonic and that's not all about sex, even though sex is certainly welcomed. "I can't keep up the frequency. Now that I'm free of the hold that the drugs had over me, I know what I want and it isn't no strings attached. The more that I'm here, the more that I'm going to want a relationship with you and I know that's not what you want."

Carter nods in acknowledgement and turns to face the window again, a soft sigh escaping her lips. "Damn. You were good too. Alright then, the deal is no longer in place. If you ever want another piece on that fine body of yours, you know where to find me."

And just like that, it's over. He shouldn't feel upset about it, but he does and he can't seem to shake it as he leaves her flat and walks the lonely streets back to his warehouse. In all reality, all they ever were was fuck buddies, but he stills feels like, in some way, they were sort of friends. Walking away, it feels like they've just ended any prospect of even being acquaintances and he doesn't like that feeling at all, which is probably what Carter wanted.

She's made him feel like this for a reason. And yeah, he knows that people can't actually force someone to feel any particular way, but emotions can easily be manipulated and that's what she's done to him.

There's a part of him that wishes that he hadn't gotten so involves with this beautiful woman in the first place. The emotions that swim in his veins paint vivid pictures in his mind and he's certain they'll remain there for a while. Sometime later, he'll put these images on canvas or on paper, depending on his preference when the mood hits him, and they'll start to fade. But for now they linger and cause him more trouble than he asked for.

He's barely made it through is front door when Aurora decides to call him. She's called him every now and again since she's started working on bettering herself and now he doesn't really mind talking to her.