Just Call Me Morgue

(Annalie's P.O.V.)

"Just call me Morgue." He said as he turned to walk down the hall.

"Morgue!" I called. He turned around and looked at me. "Thanks for helping me. Most people are too freaked out to help me."

"It was nothing,"He replied. "We freaks of nature have to stick together." I smiled and he turned to walk away and I went back to my appartment. I wanted to Stephan and tell him what happened.

We talked for a couple of hours, it turned out that he and his family were moving to L.A. at the end of the month, so we would be able to see eachother again. Stephan was just as surprised as I was when I told him about my meeting with Morgue. Everything about that morning puzzeled me. I had a panick attack (somthing that hadn't happened in over a year) and met a man who wasn't freaked out by my appearance, talked me down, and told me the my red eyes were beautiful.

It was around lunch time when I got off the phone with Stephan, so I fixed myself a bowl of soup and sat down with one of my favorite books in order to wait out the time until the sun started to set so I could go out without having to completely cover every square inch of my pale skin or being burnt to a crisp.

Soon enough six o'clock came around and it was just dark enough that i could go out. I put on a nice cool dress and Spook and I left the appartment. On the way down the stairs we met Morgue again, but this time I didn't face plant into his chest, but instead I managed to work up the courage to talk to him.

"Um hey Morgue, I wanted to appologise for earlier, you shouldn't have had to see me like that, or have me run into you. I havent had a panick attack in over a year and I'm not really sure what brought it on, but thanks for helping me through it. No one has really known how to get me out of one before."

"It's fine, don't mention it."He replied and the we continuted on out seperate ways. When I reached the bottom of the stairs I heard him call. "Anna." I turnned to look at him and he stareded down the stairs. "If I'm not mistaken you are new to Venice Beach" I nodded. "THen, if you would let me, it would be my honor to show you around tonight."

I just looked at him wide eyed. "Um ok."

he chuckeled and said "You seem shocked."

"Iv'e only had two other people ever be nice to me before, so it's kinda shocking that you want to spend time with me."

"Well as I said befor. We freaks of nature have to stick together" I nodded not to fond of the term freak, but it was obvious he used it as a term of enderment, not an insult. After a few minutes of walking he looked over at me. "So who is your little friend?"

"Oh, this is Spook he is my service dog, and not to mention my best friend. He's trained to help me with the various attacks I can go through."

"Various?'

"Um Yea... Panick, Depression and one other I can't really describe."We walked in silence for a few minutes. "You must think I'm broken now, with the fact I need a service dog and all."

"Not at all. If anything whatever you have going on makes you stronger. To go thourh all of that and then be as polite and sweet as I've seen in the little time I've known you. You must be very strong."

I smiled down at the ground. He thought I was stroung by prevailing through random attacks of extreme emotion. He hadn't even learned about my childhood yet. As the night wore on we talked and became quite good friends. It was nearly midnight when we wnt back home and I was pleasently surptised to find that his appartment was directly across the hallway from mine. As I laid awake that nigh waiting for sleep I couldn't help but hope that we could do the same thing the next day.

-----------------------------------------------

(Morgues P.O.V.)

After I dropped Anna off at her door and unlocked my own, I went straight to my bed and staired at the ceiling. All I could think about was her. It had been that way since I talked to her that morning, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. Every part of her was beautiful. From the first moment I looked into her bright red eyes my mind was locked on thoughts of her. I didn't know what to make of it, but I did know that when I was around her today I was happy. Her strength made me happy to know her. I was certain that she had and still is suffering from more that she told me about and that just made my admioration for her soar. She didn't want pity. She just wanted to be seen as normal. I'd have to show her that being different was a good thing. Id have to see he again. That wouldn't be a bad thing though. I wanted to. I wanted to do this day over and over again. That was my last thought before I fell asleep.