Prlogue.

-4 years later-

I sat on the front deck eating breakfast early that golden morning. My apartment sat on a cliffside hill that overlooked the Bay. The water sparkled in the warm morning sun, boats were already out on the lake to get the best pick of the fish and the local morning news crew were up in their four seated water plane. There wasn't a cloud in the sky but it was early September so the air was crisp enough to have to wear a sweater until midmorning. My apartment was smaller than the one I grew up in, but it worked for me. It had character and the area was really good.

It's been four years since I left California, and every day I'm thankful I did. I don't have a shred of drama in my life. . .that belongs to me at least. The most drama there is, is when there's no more strawberry kiwi juice left. Man, life is very different without drama in it. Rae has video chatted with me a couple of times a year, she's promised to keep her lips sealed about where I am and about Seth's existence. Matt's been doing well from what I've heard. They've just released their fourth studio album and they're about to go back on a North American tour. Pat is dating again, I'm not sure who but I'm happy for him.

My mom is doing really well, she is absolutely head over heels in love with Seth. She's waited many years to become a Nana, and I'm really happy that my Nana is still around to see Seth grow. My step dad is still in the picture, and he still calls Inglewood ghetto. It's never going to be as ghetto as East L.A though.

I remember when I left California a lot of people were looking for me, Matt was one of them.it broke my heart to be so far away but I know it's for the best. The guys were even looking for me, it's mine and Matt's breakup all over again. I just kind of dropped off the face of the earth. They know I'm alive because I've published a few more books and I've done interviews for talk shows and radio shows. I've come to realize that I was happier when I was blended into the background instead of being the center of attention at all times. I had forgotten who I was and what my foundation looked like. So, I've sold a lot of my stuff that I had my mom and aunts out into storage, and went back to the proprieties of my life. What did I need and what did I want? Get rid of what I just wanted, keep the middle ground. I put a lot of the money in the bank but I gave a heafty amount to charities.

I'm still writing, like I said I've published a few books but now I mainly blog, it's a mommy and me blog but I get paid to keep it updated with things that are interesting for moms and kids. Sometimes it's really funny but other times I have to post an embarrassing memory to help empathize with the other moms. I really enjoy what I do. I'd never give up writing for anything. But there is one thing I'd give up writing for.

"Seth, you need to eat your melon, not just the yogurt and berries." I said to the three and a half year old boy sitting on the booster seat next to me. He stubbornly shook his head, his shaggy blonde curls flailed everywhere. He pushed the small bowl of mixed melons away and crossed his arms over the spider man on the front of his shirt.

"Charms!" He exclaimed excitedly. I shook my head at me sternly.

"No, you get Lucky Charms on Saturdays only. You know that. Now finish your fruit or you don't get a bearpaw." I told him in a firm mothering tone of voice, pushing the small plastic bowl back toward the little blue eyed boy. He sighed audibly loud and gave in, plucking up a small piece of honey dew and sheepishly nibbling at it. I knew he'd finish his breakfast, he loves his soft cookies shaped like animal paws. But he also like honey dew so I'm surprised that he's pushing it away.

"Seth go to Daycare?" He asked slowly, fumbling a bit but he's doing well. Seth is like his dad, the strong silent type. He didn't start talking until he was almost three, even then he couldn't pronounce words properly. I put him into Daycare to see if being around other little kids will help him talk, and it has a little bit but it's also good for his social skill building.

"Nope. Sent doesn't go to Daycare on Sundays." I reminded him that he only goes during the week. Seth looked disheartened, he pouted a little bit. I could see the wheels in his head turning, he was a good thinker that's for sure.

"Tomorrow?" He questioned. I smiled down at the curly haired little boy and nodded.

"Yes. Tomorrow Seth goes to Daycare." He immediately looked excited and happy. Seth doesn't really talk but he does like listening and observing. He enjoys being around kids his age, so the park and local community center is where he's usually found when it's just us.

"Mommy make story t'day?" He questioned, squirming around his his booster seat.

"Not today, bud. It's mommy and Seth time today." Most people who would hear Seth asking this many questions would wonder if he's never heard of this stuff before. Seth has a learning disability, and at times he forgets things that I've said or done, or events that have happened. He has delayed motor skills as well but he's getting better. At first Doctors thought it was Autism but he didn't show any of the major traits. He knows his name, he's a bit slow in responding to it but he knows it. He can read body language and emotional tones of voice. He has the other characteristics of someone with Autism but he doesn't have it.

"What does mommy and Seth do t'day?" I know that he has to stick to his ritual otherwise he freaks out, but he doesn't realize that he has a routine for the weekend and a routine for the week so we can do the same thing over and over again, which is kind of boring. Maybe I can get away with something new.

"Maybe we can go down to the market and get some fish that we can fry up for dinner tonight. How does that sound?" I offered the idea of going to the little seafood market down by the commercial fishing loading docks. I immediately knew it was a great idea when I watch Seth's blue eyes become large orbs of excitement. He pursed his lip together and jolted back his head while rubbing his abdomen.

"Mmm, yummy." He cheered. I couldn't help but smile down at him proudly.

"Yeah, yummy." I agreed with the little boy sitting next to me. I was pleasantly surprised that he was okay with going to the market this afternoon instead of going to the community center. Maybe this means he's had progress in behavioral therapy.

After breakfast I cleared the table and brought Seth inside, plopping him down amongst his toys and turned on some cartoons while I quickly washed the dishes and got dressed. I always help him choose his clothes the night before, they were lazily draped over the back of my lazy boy chair. I quickly got him dressed and had him brush his teeth before he sat on the floor and played with his toys. Every day I was shocked by how much like Matt he is. His voice isn't as deep and gravelly but it's got a rusty sound to it. He also has the platinum blonde Goldy locks curlly hair, and the angelic looking face. It makes me feel bad for not letting Matt know about Seth. But it's the only way to keep him away from me, and trying to get back together with me.

Hello my lovies!
Here it is! The suquel to Been To Hell. I hope you enjoy it. Remember to: Read. Vote. Comment. And tell all your friends about social life ruining fan fiction!
|NecromaniacKat|