Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"However, the cost of our development process and making a label recently does have its own problems and I can't tell you that we will have one hundred percent improvement at the beginning but the risk will get into higher places."

God, he does know how to affect people. By now everyone is fascinated by him. Let's not forget the women who are drooling all over the tables. The way he confidentially speaks makes the people who don't believe in things that may not even be true. Although, this is Andrew flipping Martinez we are talking about. Each word coming out of his mouth will eventually turn into realness.

"I know half of you may not believe this. But I can assure you that if your company didn't get improve, I will pay you back. I learned this amazing lesson from the owner himself, Mr. Roswell, you had this brilliant idea, and all I did was to add some little salt in it, organic foods, that is the secret to this new generation."

His sentence makes the crowd have some murmuring and whispering. Some of them nod their head. To think of it, it's a big deal, risking your money isn't a win-win game. I hope Andrew knows what he's doing.

"Thank you, everyone, for your patience for listening to my crap speech," he offers a smile and people start laughing. He turns to me with his promised smile. "Before I can get kicked from the stage, I wanted to thank my beautiful girlfriend for her accompany," he nods at me. I just sit there surprised while the crowd applauds for him as he gets off the stage and strolls toward me. In between some of the men occasionally make him stop to shake hands with them. Getting to me feels like as eternity, but eventually, he does.

"What was that all about?" I hiss at him.

"It's called business," he gulps down half of his wine and places it back.

"I know that. What was the 'thanks to my girlfriend' thing?"

"Did you like it?" he chuckles,

"I don't know, should I?" I turn away from him and pretend to listen to the man that is now standing on the stage. From the corner of my eyes, I can see Andrew looking at me with a scowl on his face. I feel a little guilty for ruining his moment like that. Maybe I should have thanked him and kiss him for it. But Damn it, he's been giving me unusual signals all the night and the fact that I can't understand which one is true and which is fake, is killing me. Truth be told, I don't believe any of them is true.

"So let's start the auction, for as I know you can't wait any longer, can you?" the man makes fun. After that two men bring a table and a camera places just before the table. As the camera comes to life, the picture of the empty table getting projected on the wall behind it.

Then again the men come with a vase placed on a tray, and they put it just in front of the camera on the table.

"So let's start with this beautiful china vase. This vase had been shipped here two days ago from china. The history gets back to six hundred years ago." The man gives some detail about the vase. The vase is a Chinese blue and white antique porcelain vase modern reproduction. It's beautiful whatsoever and I believe it could be perfectly matched with any modern house.

"And let's go for the price, it starts from ten thousand dollars," as the man finishes his sentence people start to shout.

"Twenty thousand," "twenty-five thousand," "forty," "forty-five thousand," after the last one no one brings up any number,

"Forty-five thousand for number thirty-five, seventy thousand one, seventy thousand two, and sold to number thirty-five. Congratulation." The two men come again and get the vase out from the stage while one other place a tiny little piece. When the piece is in the camera's view, I can see it's a ring.