Chapter Three

When I wake up, it's almost nine. Wow! How much did I sleep last night? It must have been the wine and stay awake until God knows when. I push up on my feet and go for a shower. Under the warm and soft water, I can't do anything but think about him. There is just something in the way he looked at me. I could clearly see the desire in his eyes.

I step out of the shower and dry myself and put on sweatpants and a simple T-shirt. After some-you-can-say breakfast, I turn on the TV. I don't watch TV a lot, it's always on because it fills the room and I don't feel alone. I have to practically admit that without college and any study, I feel lonely. I was kind of used to waking up every morning, go to college and study until midnight.

I have less than twenty-four hours to choose, to decide what is going to happen. Am I willing to see him again and face him after knowing he has definitely read the paper? I sit on my sofa staring at my wall for hours. Why do I care what he thinks? Why do I care what others may think of me? I may have lost my confidence in my body, but I didn't lose my sanity to some asshole. I should distract myself and what is better than to play some music.

The rock sound of Animal is playing in the background in my living room. One of the best songs for chilling out though I haven't chilled out for real, okay minus hangovers. I look around myself; my apartment has turned into a garbage house. I should clean it up. And for the next four hours, I am busy and no longer in thoughts. However, I know better than anything that this will end and then it's time to choose.

After I make sure there is not even a grain of rice in my house, I nod in satisfaction. Well, it was a good workout at the same time. My phone is still playing; it turns to S&M.

When the apartment is clean, I slump myself on the sofa, completely exhausted. That is when, as I'm staring at the white wall ahead of me, that I realize I'm going to that club. To hell with dignity and pride. And most certainly to hell with the embarrassment. I'm going in there, like a woman I am, brave and free and face him. Whether I will accept his offer or not, it depends on his side of the trade. That's it. I'm going to that club.

Why did they invite us to the Prinston club by the way? It must be one of his. I remember Alice talking about its owner. The decision has been made.

I find myself standing in front of the closet and looking for clothes. I frown ridiculously and start to search for something suitable. Throwing clothes on and off, I finally step up my game and decide to go with a fighter- a simple t-shirt and black leather jacket.

I comb my hair and let them fall down. I shrug on my jacket and wear my black flats- no, uh-uh, we're going down like a fighter. I throw my flats aside and grab my ankle strap high heels. I take my time staring at myself in the mirror and checking myself for the hundredth time. It's just brown eyes and much browner hair. A skin-toned from South California sun. And an ordinary body form.

Oh shit, I'm going to be late. Heading over to the couch, I grab my phone and put it in my black purse that sets with my shoes. Good god, why do I feel so excited all of a sudden?

When I arrive at the Prinston club, there is a crowded line as usual and because I am sure he owns the club or, at least, has a hand on it, I make my way to the reception on the head of the line, on my way, I can hear some growls. Well, it's not my fault they have V.I.P here!

"Hi, Laura Brown here for A-" I am being cut by the brunette girl stands at the little desk of reception.

"Yes, Miss. Brown. You've been expected. Please follow me." It feels good when others service you like this, you feel powerful. I nod and follow her through the V.I.P part. At a red door, we stop, and she points to the door.