Chapter 1: Studio

Beverly's POV :

I woke up the same way I always do, not wanting to. To say that I was indecent in the mornings was an understatement.

My alarm went off and I wildly swung my arms to hit the botton and silence the loud noise. I was silent for the first hour of me being awake simply because if I talked, everything came out in noises instead. I found my voice through the morning with a little help from coffee or tea.

It's studio day. It's studio day!

Suddenly all of the laziness in my body evaporated. I had been in a studio many times before. The making of my EPs were some of the best days of my life. I love performing, but recording is so fun.

I had to leave in an hour for the first day of recording for my album. My album. To be released in America too, not just England. I was far beyond excited and I considered just grabbing my keys before preparing anything to take with me and leaving.

I told myself to calm down considering the fact that I still had a few weeks of being in a studio all day. I needed to make sure I didn't get tired of it.

The pot on the stove screamed for me to pay attention to it, and once my drink was ready, I headed back to my room to change and pack.

I bumped into the edge of my dresser as I slid into the room on my socks, ready to do everything with this spirit. Hitting my toes on furniture was a strong suit of mine ever since I was little. Some things never change.

After cursing to, and at, myself, I stood in front of the body mirror and observed. I had also slept in shirts 50 sizes too big for my body since I was little too, one of my favorite habits.

As I stared, I realized all of the regular things that I really didn't like about myself. I had fans now. They look up to me, but I don't see what they see. I got into music because I could sing and play guitar, not for my looks. I had always thought that I was too short and skinny. I swam in basically any shirt, not just the ones that I wore to bed. I had gotten out of the phase of my life where everything seemed hopeless. I had a purpose, and I found it.

__________________________________

The intro of my first song was recorded, and it hit me that I was going to be her for a long while. Taking a sip from my coffee, I sat on the stool that was placed in the recording room for me to sit on. I knew I was going to crash, and hard.

I looked down to what section would come after this break when I saw everyone moving around outside of my silent little world. Pulling off my headphones, I looked fully through the window and saw everyone circled around someone.

I pushed open the door and everyone turned to me. It was like when you walk into a classroom late and everyone makes you feel so uncomfortable.

"Um, hi," I said quietly.

"Oh, Beverly, this is Ed!" Rosie said. She's been my manager from the start.

He pulled his hand from where it was stuffed in his pocket and waved shyly. A little polite smile appeared on his face. "I know, it's Ed Sheeran, right?"

"Yes ma'am," he laughed.

"Everyone's favorite," I chuckled. I had seen so many things in Twitter about his pure kindness and way with his fans. He was setting a good example for up and coming musicians and winning the world over at the same time. I knew that he was good at what he did for uncountable reasons.

He looked down, being apparently bashful. That is why people like him, he's humble. "Thank you," he said looking up at me again, "I've heard your stuff too. It's brilliant."

A wave of embarrassment rushed through me. I always got so uncomfortable with compliments, but if you don't take them people are a bit thrown off. I felt my cheeks go a bit red. I had been self conscious about how my face reddened so easily, whether it be from exercise or pure discomfort.

I started to choke on my words. He was a very famous musician and I was quite smaller. To say that I was surprised and beyond flattered was obvious. "Thank you," I said while smiling. "What's going on, Rosie?" I asked, eager to figure out what was happening to calm my nerves.

"Oh, Ed here said he was interested in helping you make the CD," she said brightly.

"I see lots of promise in your music. Room to grow, yeah?" His words seemed to ring in my ears.

"Promise? In my music?"

"Yeah, I want to help you as much as possible." I would have been convinced that he was simply trying to be kind out of pity, but he came here. He wanted to. And his smile was the most genuine one I had seen in a long time.

"Wicked," I responded, a cheeky smile sure to be plastered across my face.

He responded simply with the same expression. My excitement was far beyond words.

"Well we'll leave you two to do whatever," she was halfway out the door, but I just ran to her. I wrapped my arms around her, practically knocking her over. She was the closest thing to a mom that I had.

"Thank you, Rosie," I said, squeezing her before letting go.

"You're welcome, love. Have some fun, you deserve it."

I turned around to see Ed exploring the studio equipment. "So..." I said, now feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"Oh, sorry, yeah we can start whenever you're ready. Just do your thing," he said, motioning to the room.

"On it." I quickly, practically skipping, got back into the room and placed the headphones over my ears, now completely cut off from anything but Ed's voice and the music.

"I like your guitar," he said. It almost startled me hearing him in surround sound. I looked down to my guitar and smiled.

"Thank you," I smiled, "it was my father's way back when."

That was it. He was the one who liked Mini Martins too.

"They're my favorite. I trust them more than any other." He was adjusting some nobs then looked up and waited. "Whenever you're ready."

I started to strum the first notes to the rest of the song, and everything disappeared. Just me and my music. The way it was all along.

Well I've losing sleep, and losing dreams, and it seems to me that all my seams have been tearing, apart.

I'm not used to this life, but soon I just might, be calm around these flashing lights.

__________________________________

Hello all you lovely people reading this. I love you loads and you are why I just started writing my two new fanfics. This chapter is dedicated to eatsheerios cause she always responds to my chapters and votes like she means it. Hope you like how this started cause you're in for a crazy ride, let me tell you. Stay beautiful x :) ❤