Chapter 26-December 1, 2013

December 1, 2013

It was Dominik's idea; for the two love birds to go into their wolf form at night. Annaluna thought it was ridiculous but apparently to Dominik, she was letting go of her ‘other half’. So here she was now, waiting for Dominik to come back, sitting on a tree trunk.

It all started when Annaluna and Dominik were racing. Obviously Annaluna wouldn’t have won because she was pregnant. And after Dominik had run forward too much and saw a bear trap with an unwanted smell that wasn’t human, he had to call other pack members and make sure that there were no more traps for other members. He sent a warning out to everyone and Annaluna was told not to leave this spot, because if she were to go home, she could get caught in a trap.

Key word: could. Chances: 0, she complained in her head.

He’s is just watching out for us, you dick, her wolf chastised.

But I mean how he could leave me here! I’m pregnant. I could pop a baby out of here in any minute. I mean, my water could break right this second.

Don’t be such a drama queen.

I’m serious. The doctors have already told me that I’m a week late. It could happen, she defended when her wolf scoffed.

Okay, fine. You’re right, her wolf agreed sarcastically.

Annaluna huffed and sat back grumpily. It wasn’t even ten minutes and Annaluna felt water run down her leg.

What the hell? It’s raining? What the fuck? Annaluna cried. She couldn't tell if this was just her luck or if this was a prank.

Holy shit! Holy fuck, her wolf began ranting.

I know. It has to start raining when I’m sitting here, waiting for Dominik. I’ll just call him, Annaluna replied casually. Annaluna began to call his name when her wolf cut her off.

No you idiot! Your water just broke! You’re going to become a mother! Her wolf yelled.

Annaluna felt relief and anxiety at the same time. The relief and happiness came first and the anxiety came after when she realized her mate wasn’t around to help her.

Dominik? Dominik! She demanded.

Something wrong? He asked worriedly.

Yes! My water just broke! She shrieked.

There was no response. Dominik sat on the other side of the lake when the words hit him. Other pack members around him began to walk forward questionably when he stopped running and barking orders

And then it hit him.

Holy shit, yes! I will be there in five minutes, he screamed.

Annaluna felt her heart pounding in her chest and thought of what would happen today. They were going to become parents today. They would bring home a small infant and cradle them in their arms.

Annaluna heard a rustling in the bushes and jumped up, turning back into a human, ready for Dominik to escort her to a hospital. Instead of the familiar face that belonged to Dominik, she received another pleasant surprise.

“Annaluna?” The low, slick voice that used to run chills through her body asked in disbelief. He walked further away from the bushes and smiled. He looked the same as always. His boring black hair was parted to the side and his dull eyes shone brighter than ever. He smiled viciously. There stood her old mate, ready to pounce.

“Rubin.”