Chapter 17

Annaluna closed her eyes and tried to make a connection with Dominik. She heard a man screaming at the top of his lungs. Dominik grew unsteady and seemed to want to leave.

Dominik… You there? She asked.

No answer. She shrugged her shoulders and lay back on her bed and concentrated hard on what Dominik was thinking. There was still screaming.

Annaluna could feel the tension that burned between the men talking. The conversation reached the pinnacle and Dominik went cold. A chill swept through Annaluna’s body and she blocked herself out.  Desperate to find something to ease her, she walked into the room of Ashley.

She let her knuckles fall timidly on the door. Someone allowed her to come in and she opened the door slowly. Ashley was lying on her bed, her stomach bulging. She smiled at Annaluna and turned the television down. “Hey Anna, how are you?” She asked happily. Annaluna forced a smile but stood at the door.

“Hey, nothing much,” she replied nervously. “Just wondering what the guys were up to.” Ashley had her eyes wide open, not understanding what Annaluna was asking. “Err; do you know what they’re doing?”

She seemed to just realize why Annaluna had come. “Oh! Come in, sit down. I think I can tell you something. Well, I heard from Loretta, that there are two men down who are owners of B and C’s Corporations, and they’re here to ask for the land. They're all arguing downstairs. Wonder what will happen. I'm sure Dominik loves the land and his home too much to give it away for a price. If he did that, everyone in the pack would-”she was cut off when the door opened and Loretta came in, smiling.

“Hello girls. Just wondering how everyone is, you know, with all the things going on,” Loretta announced kindly. She walked over to Ashley and sat onto the bed with her. Ashley smiled and got into small chit chat with her while Annaluna stood awkwardly at the frame of the door.

What would the pack do if Dominik were to sell the land? Not hurt him, surely. Maybe... make someone else Alpha. Did Ashley mean to say scream at the end of her sentence? Or was she going to say call him names? Was this something to worry about?

Annaluna felt pride swell in her and felt confidence flush through her body.

Even if he does sell this land, I am Luna, his mate and I will be by his side no matter what. Right?

She tucked a loose piece of hair behind her hair and looked up.

Right?

“Annaluna?” Ashley asked. She looked up at Ashley, who seemed concerned

“What?” Annaluna asked. Ashley and Loretta chuckled.

“Were you not listening to the conversation that we were having? Heat is coming pretty soon. Do you think you and Dominik are going to have a baby?”

Annaluna felt her worries slip away and stopped. Did she think she would be having a baby with Dominik?

No, probably not. She didn't really know him. Yes, he was her mate and she loved him to pieces, but there is a difference from loving him and being in love with him. It was complicated.

She shrugged her shoulders and felt her face get hot. Loretta and Ashley laughed again. “When heat does come, I won't be very surprised if anyone gets let out of the bedroom!” Loretta shouted through the thick tension that was created. Annaluna felt a smile on her lips and relaxed. She walked away from the door frame and sat on the edge of the bed.

But Annaluna couldn’t get the subject off her mind.

What would happen when heat did come? Dominik would, most likely, never let me out of his sight. And I don't think it would be possible if I let him away from me either.

She thought back to the times she had went through heat. She had been through heat with a total of ten times. Yes, she counted. And they were the worst ten times of her life. Four had been with Rubin, because she was with him for two years and they went into heat every six months, but he never was around for her, and other times were purely hell. She would take pills, or sit in hour long showers, but the other six times were when she lived with her parents. Personally, it was scary to her. 

But the thought of a sex filled week with Dominik made her tingle. She has had sex with Dominik before, a couple times for a matter of fact, but she couldn’t wrap her head around the idea of an entire week of that. For the amount of time she has been with him, those times were absolutely mind-blowing. She will never be able to put those experiences into words… She smiled to herself.

That would be a very fun week, her wolf growled. Annaluna agreed but stopped at a new point.

But what would come after? Silence or a plump stomach? A thought was placed in her head.

Dominik and her, holding a new born baby, in front of a house, smiling. The baby would have Dominik’s electric blue eyes and his salmon pink lips and a black puff of hair. They would be smiling and holding each other. It would be perfect. That's when Annaluna realized that when heat did come, she actually did highly consider having his baby.

If it was good with him…

She looked up at Ashley. Loretta was talking very fast, about God knows what.

“That's why after I had Dominik, I swore to never have another baby again! That little boy ripped me apart!” Loretta explained. Ashley cackled and Annaluna smiled, too, not knowing what else she should do.

“But what about Connor?” Ashley asked. The words rung in her head like a bell in a church.

“Oh yes, how could I forget Connor? Wonderful, wonderful son, he was. I adopted him. You know that! I adopted him because Dominik was lonely!” Loretta exclaimed.

Annaluna remembered the name. She remembered the secret as to why Dominik fled. She knew the story that involved Connor. But she kept quiet.

“Yes,” she continued. “I adopted him with Bill after Dominik turned six. He was so lonely. I would ask Dominik what was wrong and he would just stare at me with those big blue eyes and tell me he was sad. He explained one day he wanted a brother and I had the bright idea that I did want another kid. I just didn’t want to have one. When we finally adopted Connor, the two boys were like glue; never left each other's side.” Annaluna smiled at the image of Dominik and another little kid, side by side for the rest of their life. But unfortunately that didn’t happen. Just when Annaluna was about to ask to see a picture of Connor, Ashley gave out a little cry. It echoed throughout the room. She was standing next to the bed in utterly shock.

“Ashley?” Annaluna called out. Water was spilled all over the floor and Ashley looked up.

“Sorry, I just spilled all my water. Ugh, I am such an idiot!” She bent over to pick up the glass but Annaluna stopped her.

“Here, I'll clean it,” she offered and walked out of the room and grabbed a towel from a bathroom. Walking back, she headed for the mess. Ashley smiled and walked around Annaluna, going over to the other side of the room. She finished cleaning and walked to the door, when another cry was heard. Annaluna turned around and Ashley was standing shocked, water all over the floor, again. Annaluna raised her eyebrows and Ashley chuckled.

“Funny story, I think my water just broke. No biggie.” Loretta jumped up and Ashley’s relaxed face turned to pain as she shouted again. “My water broke!” Loretta bounced with joy and Annaluna stood centered next to the doorway. Ashley had to drag her downstairs. Loretta took Ashley outside and grabbed the keys to the car.

“I'll go get the men!” Annaluna shouted as Loretta walked through the front door. She ran to the office, in search for Dominik and most importantly, Brendon. They would be so excited.

Annaluna walked into the office and heard a single word roll off of Dominik's lips before he looked up at her. “Yes.”

That can't be good, Annaluna thought.