4.

" When you care about people. Hurt is part of the Package ".

-----------

" Save me ".

Never have I been so impacted by two words. Only once have someone said that to me and I failed at doing it. But now... It's my priority. I won't let myself fail again!

She stared at me with hopeful eyes and I blocked out the voices, the sounds and everything surrounding me. It was now only just me and her.

" I promise ". I whispered with a firm voice and she smiled softly. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and I was taken back. What the hell...

" Biters! ". A girl voice yelled and I heard grunts and growls and I take my attention away from her to outside. I look through the vines and saw 3 guys and 1 girl.

They all took out their guns and started shooting at their bodies. I grit my teeth, DIPSTICKS!!!. I look at her and she looked worried " Stay here ". I said and her eyes widen.

Before she could say anything I jumped out the whole and took out my dagger and the one I took from him. I ran up to the 5 walkers and started stabbing at their heads.

I grunted killing the last one using both the daggers. I breath heavy and step away from the walker. I wipe my mouth with my sleeve and look at the four.

One guy had blonde hair, blue eyes and looked scrawny and short. The other guy was tall with tan skin, chocolate brown eyes and blonde hair but the shaved part was a dark brown. And the girl had brown hair, brown eyes and tan skin and she was eating.... Bread?

The one with green eyes looked at me furious and the other three looked at me scared. " You guys don't know shit about killing walkers ". I said and they look at me weirdly.

" Where's Mikasa! ". Green eyes said and I twirl the blades in my hands. " Like I would tell you. Bert! Reiner! ". I yelled and I heard their running.

The appeared next to me and started snarling at them. Since they were almost as big as me they looked terrified. I keep twirling the blades and stare at the four.

" Drop whatever you have. And step back ". I said plainly and the three did as they dropped there guns, knives and backpacks. They stepped back and I grip the handles of my blades.

" I said. Drop whatever you have and step back! ". I said threatened and green eyes did as told and stepped back with the three.

I walked forward and look at the guns. " Rimfire rifle... M&P45c... XD-S. Machete, oooo! Sai's! ". I said then put my daggers away and picked up the two sai's.

I held them in my hands and flipped them around. " Haven't used one in two years. Feels good ". I said then gripped the handles.

The three looked terrified and green eyes still looked pissed. " Leave. Now ". I said and the three yelped and started running. Green eyes growled " This isn't over ". He spoke before running with the others.

I smirk and put the sai's in my belt buckles. I walk to the backpack and looked through them. " Damn. How much food did that girl raid? ". I said and Reiner and Bert walked over to me.

They sniffed and their tails wagged. " Woah... ". I said pulling out a bag of a actual burger. " Damn! ". I said then opened it and wolfed down on it.

I didn't notice Mikasa came out the hole with my backpack only finished the burger in like 5 minutes. I threw the bag at the grass and dirt and gulped down the last of what I finished.

I sighed blissfully and Reiner and Bert were chomping down at the rest of the food. " Hey! Save some for me Dipsticks! ". I said pushing their snouts.

I heard a laugh and the three of us froze. I had my face stuffed with cookies and we look at Mikasa who was laughing at us.

It's been forever since I've heard someone laugh or me myself laughed. I gulped down the cookies and stare at her. She had a hand over her mouth and her shoulders were bouncing up and down.

She walked up to me while holding my backpack. She sat next to me and let go of the backpack. I kept staring at her and she reached out and took a cookie from the bag.

She took a bite of it and looked at me. She smiled at me and finished the cookie. Woah, she's so beautiful. Oh my gosh... I actually thought that!

" Oh! Sand which! ". She exclaimed excitedly taking out a bag of triangle sandwiches. She took them out and happily ate them.

I watched her every move entranced, the two dogs as well. She ate the sand which like she hasn't eaten for days. I furrow my brows and she just ate the rest of the sandwiches.

I look at Reiner and Bert and they whined. I look at Mikasa and look at the jacket. " Hey, Mikasa? ". I ask and she gulps down another sand which. " Yeah? ". She asks looking at me.

" Can you take off the jacket? ". I ask and she looks at me weirdly " Why? ". She asked and I sigh " Please? ". I ask and she nods before unzipping the jacket and taking it off.

I look at her shirt and go closer to her. " How long have you been alone? ". I ask and she looks away. " Weeks.... ". She muttered but low enough so I can hear.

My eyes widen and she keeps her head low. " Show me your stomach ". I said and she shakes her head " No ". She said and I furrow my brows and lift up her shirt but she pushes me away.

I fell back and I sit up quickly. Her stomach was skinny enough to see her ribs. " Your stomach... ". I said and she hugs her torso. I went closer to her and she shakes her head.

" I didn't want you to see me like this! I thought you were never gonna help me! ". She cried out and I saw tears streaming down her face.

I frown and went forward and wrapped my arms around her. She froze but lent into me crying more. I heard whining and look at the two dogs and they walked to us.

They snuggle into us and Mikasa looks up. She pets Bert's fur and I sigh. " If it wasn't for Bert, then I wouldn't have met you ". I said and Bert licked Mikasa's face making her laugh.

I laugh to and me and Mikasa look at each other. Our faces are inches apart and we stare into each other's eyes. Her eyes trailed down to my lips and I do the same thing.

Then Reiner pushed me and I crashed my lips into hers. My eyes widen but she kissed back and I melt into the kiss.

And let me tell you.... Wow.

A/N: Who else cried when Beth Died? ;(

Stay... Fabulous

~ Drwalf