"Austin..." she began tentatively.

"Yea? What's wrong?" he asked.

"I just...is everything cool between us now? I don't want to do anything wrong. I can't afford to mess up again."

"Of course we're cool. Like I said. I understand why you did the things you did. But I need you to promise me something," Austin told her.

"I think I know where you're going with this," Ally said.

"Good. I need you to promise that you will never try self-harm again. It kills me to think that what you attempted today was partially because of me not being there for you."

"No, Austin. It wasn't your fault. Never your fault. But I promise."

"If anything ever happened to you, Ally, I wouldn't know what to do with myself." Ally smiled at him.

"I'm not sure how you do it. You always say the things that make me the happiest." She took his hand, and rested her head on his shoulder. Their perfect moment was ruined as a call from downstairs made Ally's shoulders tense. "My dad's back! He can't see you! Technically, I'm not supposed to talk to you." She looked frantically around the room. "Quick, in the closet!"

Mr. Dawson burst into the practice room not a moment too soon. "Ally, there's a customer who's been waiting downstairs awhile! They need their guitar tuned. Why aren't you helping?"

"Dad, chill. I was just looking for a spare tuner in this closet. I thought I saw one last week," she lied smoothly.

"And then I want you back downstairs immediately after you find it! I have to meet with someone, but expect me back in about half an hour." her dad explained.

"Sure dad. I'll be here." She watched her dad leave the store from the top of the staircase, following him with her eyes until he was out of sight. Then she rushed to the closet.

"Wow Ally, that's probably the best lie I've ever heard out of you," Austin laughed, stepping out.

"It's not a bad thing!" 

"No, it's not. But it's still funny." Ally lightly hit Austin's arm.

"Anyways, you need to get going. My dad's gonna be back soon," Ally pointed out. Austin nodded.

"Yea, I have homework and stuff. You are going to be at school tomorrow, right?" he asked.

"Of course. And Austin..." Ally started as he neared the door.

"Uh, yes?" he responded warily. She crossed the room over to him and hugged him tightly. 

"Thank you."

_______________________________________________________________________________

The next morning, in a deserted corner of the school, all of Team Austin crowded around Dez's laptop as he made a few final edits to the video of Trish. "I still can't believe you guys are doing this for me," Ally  smiled at her friends. 

"C'mon, Ally. Give us one reason why we wouldn't, " Trish said. 

"Yeah, we'd do anything for you; you do so much for us," Austin added.  He kissed the top of her head softly. 

"Austin, be careful," Ally warned. Seeing Austin's confused look, she explained more. "If Indigo sees that we are still a couple, she'll re-post the video." Austin's face fell.

"Oh, right. Sorry."

"It's sweet, really. But while I admire it, at school, tone it down just a little." Austin nodded.