A fatal encounter

Start from the beginning

"Well, well, well. Looks like I can do some spying while I'm out." She said with an evil grin as she approached.

"Miss. Lucy! Can you make us those flower crowns?" A cute little girl asked.

"Of course." Lucy said with a smile on her face as she knelt onto the ground collecting flowers with the two girls.

'Hmm... is Lucy her last name or is that just what the kids call her?' Jane wondered.

Spotting a nearby bench Jane walked over and sat down observing Lucy. Watching her Jane learned that she was very cheery, kind-hearted, and loved children.

"It's such a shame that one of the few good people in this world has to go." Jane said with a defeated sigh.

"You're pretty." A small voice said breaking Jane's train of thought.

"What?" Jane asked seeing a shy little girl standing next to where she is sitting.

"I said your pretty." She repeated looking down.

"Why thank you." Jane said with a smile.

"My name is Shy. What's your name?" Shy asked.

"I'm Jane. Is Shy short for something?" Jane asked.

"Yup. It's short for Shayla." Shy said.

"Shayla is a very pretty name." Jane said with a friendly smile.

"Thank you." Shy said with a faint blush.

"Shayla!" A woman called out.

Jane turned her head to see Lucy running over.

"Shy, you know you're not supposed to run off without telling anyone." Lucy said slightly scolding the girl.

"I know, I'm sorry." Shy said with a small frown.

"It's ok just don't do it again. You had me worried." Lucy said smiling patting the girls head. "Go on and play with the others." She said.

"OK. Bye Jane!" Shy called out over her shoulder waving as she ran off.

"I'm sorry if she was bothering you." Lucy said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, it's alright. She wasn't a bother at all." The long black wavy haired woman said waving her pale hand in the air.

Lucy looked the woman over carefully. She was wearing a plain black, spaghetti strap sundress, dark black sunglasses that made Lucy wonder if she could even see, black leather, knee-high biker boots, and a black choker with a white Victorian style symbol engravement on it.

"I love your choker." The woman said.

"Oh, thanks." Lucy said nervously touching the fabric.

"But it looks self-made." She said raising an eyebrow.

"Y-Yeah." Lucy stuttered.

"Are you trying to hide something?" She asked.

"I-I... I have to go." Lucy said turning and sprinting away.

"Lucy are you ok?" May asked with concern when Lucy ran back over to her.

"Gather the kids, we need to get them back inside." Lucy said in a panic.

"Alright." May said without question sensing Lucy's fear.

Lucy looked over her shoulder to the bench and her green eyes widened in fear and shock when she saw the woman had disappeared.