"Hush, everyone!" Victoire called, quickly silencing the group. All heads turned to Victoire, and followed her as she walked to the fridge, opened it and pulled out a mouth-watering chocolate cake, with twenty-one candles atop it. She wordlessly cast the 'incendio' spell, waiting for each of the candles to catch the flame, she walked over to Jensen and the group started singing 'Happy birthday' whilst grinning. After they finished, Jensen closed his eyes before blowing the candles out.

"Who wants cake?" Victoire called and the entire group cheered.

Rose Weasley sat beside the birthday boy in the living room, a plate with a generous slab of cake in her hand. The two were talking amorously, Rose giggling ever now and again. Over the past month, the two had grown very close, as they had many shared interests. Though Jensen was almost a complete stranger to the girl before they had met that first day at Grimmauld Place, Rose felt a new close friend growing very quickly- however Jensen felt more than that.

"Why didn't you say it was your birthday before?" Rose asked, smiling with chocolate in the corner of her mouth. Jensen smiled, and wiped the chocolate away- which caused Rose to giggle yet again- before speaking.

"I didn't want to make a fuss, Victoire only discovered it because she has to read through every letter we get before we read them, you know that" Jensen shrugged, he too was smiling broadly.

"Oh, well... I feel bad, I didn't get you anything!" Rose sighed, a confused look on her face as she tried to think of what she would have given the boy had she known.

"It's alright Rosie, it's not like you would have been allowed to go and get me anything, we're barely allowed in the garden!" the two laughed, and Rose shrugged.

"I still feel bad though" She said, still thinking- she had her mind set: she had to get him something, it wasn't fair! "You know what, as soon as we're allowed out, we're going shopping and I am getting you something, I don't care what you say!"

"Fine" Jensen laughed.

Scorpius' POV

He couldn't help it, he was jealous. That should be him, it would have been him, if he hadn't... It wasn't his fault, he fought erroneously with himself in his brain, before turning his mind back to the girl he was absent mindedly staring at. He, like everyone else in the room, had a plate full of chocolate cake, and was- supposedly- celebrating Jensen's birthday. However, he couldn't help feel anger to the boy- he was spending so much time with Rose recently he had barely got a word in to her since he told her he loved her! He knew there was nothing he could do, Rose wasn't in love with him, any more, and she despised him now. He didn't blame her, if what he was in Rose's position he would hate himself too, but it wasn't his fault! He wanted to go back to that day, that time at the end of their third year, and change it all.

Scorpius didn't blame Rose for flirting with the birthday boy, he was undeniably gorgeous, even Scorpius couldn't abjure that! But that probably just fuelled his resentment. Beautiful, amazing Rose was obviously going to end up flirting with someone so obviously into her as Jensen was, but Scorpius wanted that for himself, and right now he didn't care if he was being selfish.

Rose's POV

Rose loved talking to Jensen, he was cute, funny and entirely relatable- they had so much in common! She was glad that someone she got lumbered into a house with was so friendly, even if she did have to listen to listen to Scorpius whining and moaning pretty much every day- she was even more glad that he hadn't tried to speak to her since their first day.

Rose was listening intently to what Jensen was talking about, but she didn't quite understand. Jensen was muggleborn, and he was talking about some new muggle device that his parents had introduced him to before he left. An iWatch or something? Rose wasn't entirely sure what that meant, but it sounded great. Suddenly, he had stopped talking, and he was just staring kindly at her.

"Um, Jensen, are you alright?" Rose asked, her eyebrows moving so that she looked concerned for the boy. Jensen shook his head and laughed.

"Sorry, Ro, I just got a bit distracted by your beauty!" Jensen winked at her, and Rose felt her face flush bright red- goddamn those Weasley genes! She giggled and raised her hand to her mouth, looking away slightly "Um, would you mind going on a walk with me, I mean, in the house... we can't really go much place else!"

"Sure!" Rose nodded, placing her plate on the coffee table in front of her before following Jensen out the room and up the stairs to the second floor.

Rose hadn't been up here properly in a while. Rose spent the majority of her free time with Jensen, reading or in the tapestry room, admiring the burnt-out picture of Sirius Black, and occasionally the small Scorpius Malfoy picture- not that she let herself think about that too much. Aside from showing the boys up to their rooms on this floor, Rose believed she hadn't been on this floor since she was little and played hide and seek with her cousins on visits to the house. Jensen led her to a room two on from the Scammander boys' rooms. The door creaked as he opened it, but it swung open quickly revealing a large room with a large red sofa- almost the Gryffindor colours! Rose noticed excitedly- not much was in the Gryffindor colours in this house, as Victoire had been a Ravenclaw and Teddy a Hufflepuff- like his mother- and before Sirius and the Order occupied the house it was owned by a largely Slytherin family, so anything in the rooms Teddy and Victoire had not quite redesigned yet was most likely to be in the Slytherin colours.

Jensen led her to the red sofa, and the two sat down as Rose admired the rest of the room- she didn't think she had been in this room, ever! At the end of the room there was a dusty light oak wood wardrobe, which more than likely held a boggart, but Rose didn't mind- they were easy to defend if it escaped its prison. The rest of the room was more or less empty. There was a large matching red rug in the middle of the room- which the sofa sat on top of- which had a couple of old wooden coffee tables on (which too were littered with dust and cobwebs). On the left of the room, from where Rose was sitting, there were three large windows. It was a beautiful room, in a kind of eerie way.

"Rose" Jensen said, though it was barely more than a whisper. Rose slowly turned her head to face the boy. Jensen took a deep breath before continuing to speak. "Rose, I've been meaning to say this for a while... You already know I think you're gorgeous, and lovely, and you're a great friend, but... I, I want- if you don't mind- something more? I really like you, Rose" she was startled, was he thinking straight? She didn't know what to say; however before she had time to reply he was kissing him.

And she was kissing him back.