The Humble Villager (Prologue: Part 1)

*****

Basics to Fanfiction:

(Y/N) - your first name
(L/N) - your last name
(s/c) - skin color
(e/c) - eye color
(h/c) - hair color
(h/l) - hair length
(f/c) - favorite color

And as the story progresses, I may decide to add more fill-ins. I try to make my stories as interactive as possible.

*****

It was a sunny, calm day in the village of Ordon. The days were always like this. The place was located in the Ordona Province and a good distance away from Castle Town. Twas a small village with not very much inhabitants, but there was a fair amount. And all the villagers were quite friendly with each other. Everyone knew what was going on with each other and news was hard to be kept hidden.

Ordon Village was luscious with nature. Greens trees and plants grew everywhere, and several crops were planted here and there. There was a clear and large fishing pond, and a ranch near by that housed large goats. Humble town shops were located here and across from that was where the mayor/sumo wrestler lived. He was fairly large and round in size.

Off in the the distance, in between the Faron Woods and the village itself, was a large tree in which a person resided. No one ever said a tree couldn't be a home. Besides, kids built tree houses all the time.

The tree housed one of Ordon's most beloved residents. He helped around the ranch and town. Outside the house, the boy's amazing steed and great friend, Epona, kept watch. The townsfolk loved this boy as well as the children.

The boy was seventeen, almost eighteen. He had dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, and wore some pretty decent clothing. It was just a white shirt with half a long sleeve leaving his other shoulder and arm exposed. He wore some baggy creamish pants with a blue cloth and orange belt-like thing around his waist. This boy's name was Link. He was very humble and got along with everyone. He was always willing to lend a helping hand. In his free time, he'd often just play some music with the grass he'd find on the ground.

He sat near the trunk of his home fiddling with the grass on the ground. The beautiful horse, Epona, grazed on the grass fields next to him, neighing every so often, swishing her tail back and forth.

He looked up at the sky, admiring the serenity of his surroundings when he heard light footsteps coming his way. The steps belonged to Talo. He was a little boy with brown hair who wore a red cloth over his head, obviously one of the village children.

"Link!" he said and ran in front of the older male, excitement in his eyes. "When will you be taking the sword and wooden shield to Hyrule Castle? I want to go with you."

Link sighed as he continued to play with the grass. He knew something was already off outside of Ordon and didn't want to risk putting the kid in danger. "I won't be leaving today, Talo. Apparently some strange creatures are appearing outside the village. It's too dangerous to go right now."

The little boy frowned but understood the older male. "Aw, okay. I'll just go play in the forest then. I met a monkey there the other day. Do you want to come?" The boy found the monkey a bit on the annoying side and hoped that Link would possibly join him in throwing sticks at the thing.

Not knowing the monkey was annoying to the boy, Link agreed as he jumped from his spot. "Sure, why not?" Link followed the boy all the way to the entrance of the Forest Temple.

"Talo, I really don't think right now is the time to be here," Link said to the boy. He didn't like the feeling he was getting from this area. The aura felt dark and he felt like something was watching from a distance. For all he knew, something was hidden and waiting to pounce.

"Talo," Link said and turned around to see that he had run off into the distance to play with the monkey. Then, as if on cue, Bokoblins showed up and captured the two. The blue skinned impish creatures ran into the forest, disappearing from sight.

Link ran back to the tree to grab the wooden sword. Sure it was only a wooden sword, but Bokoblins only carried sticks so it was a fair fight.

*****

"I told you not to go there, Talo."

Link carried the little boy on his back. He and the monkey were safe for now but Link couldn't help but feel that the monsters would return again. In the meantime, Link would just have to make sure the villagers were kept safe.

"I know, I know," Talo said not wanting to admit his mistake. "Thanks again for saving me, Link. I honestly didn't know what to do back there."

Link smiled at the young one's thanks. "Just promise me you'll be safe next time."

"I promise," he said as Link dropped him off to his house. Link returned back to his tree to sleep for the night, keeping in mind his plans of checking on the monsters. He wanted to ensure the safety of the villagers.

The next morning, Link made his way to Faron Woods. He quickly stopped by the Spirit Spring and admired its beauty. The spring was so bright and pristine, but that tranquil feeling left when he felt a sudden thud on his head. Link fell unconscious, losing all senses from the world, and no one was there to help the future hero.

After what seemed like hours, Link woke up to continue his journey to the woods. He tried to wonder what had happened, but he was completely clueless. Perhaps it was fatigue? He let his thoughts wander. Until he came face to face with a ghostly dark structure.

"What in the world?" he wondered to himself. It was unlike anything he had ever seen before. It was definitely not something that belonged in Ordon.

With heavy steps, Link approached the dark wall. It glowed and just the mere presence made him uneasy. He got closer and closer when all of a sudden, a large black hand pulled him in.

"What in the world is going on?"

He was dragged into the wall into another world. It was a world of darkness. Suddenly, a sharp, excruciating pain filled his body. It were as if needles were stabbing all around him. He dropped to his knees and his hands hit the floor with force. His hands were morphing into something with fur and claws. He watched as his once human spine turned into that of a canine. A few more minutes of pain passed until it finally ended. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out... only a howl.

He looked at his surroundings and saw strange creatures approaching. He took a stance and growled at them. He had no idea what to do, but he would attempt to fight, only he was knocked unconscious once again.

His eyelids opened slowly and he found himself laying on the cold, brick floor.

He was in an old cell.

Grunting in frustration, he struggled to get up... on all fours. He knew that being a wolf was not a dream nor nightmare, but his new reality.