"Yes! I have Aidan. I'm suffering with my decision more than you will ever know. Do you think I have asked for any of this?" She shook her head fighting the weight of guilt in her chest.
" Have you not stopped to think how you would feel if you were thrown into my time?" She searched his eyes for a justified answer. Hoping he would understand.

" Wouldn't you fight with every fiber in your body to return here to your family and those you love?" She dashed away a tear.

He searched her gaze sadly realizing the truth. He would most definitely do the same to get back to his loved ones. He lowered his gaze not able to give in to the fact that she is right.
But then with that decision comes his brothers happiness and how he risks loosing her in all of this.

Letting out a sigh he shook his head.

"How will you handle this if you-"

"Return." She answered with a pause.
"A piece of me will be lost Aidan, the thought of having to give him up. I can't. My heart is slowly loosing the will to go on. I--" she lowered her head.

Looking away she dashed away more tears. Not able to speak she just continued to stare out into the distance.

He stood beside her then. Not Looking her way he spoke.

"Its going to be rough for us all Tara." He whispered before turning away.

*~*~*~*~*

Eyes intently watched the board they've been playing on for a while. Chess was a strategic game for anyone. But, not at the moment for Duncan his mind was barely there.

"Don't worry everything will be fine,"
Aidan hid his discomfort with the lie.

What he planned to do was the greatest deceitful thing he could ever do. But yet he was on both side on this. His heart went out for them both.

"You only say it, because it is not you getting married," he made his move.

"No brother I prefer to be unattached for now," Aidan gave a half smile.

"No doubt you do," Duncan chuckled shaking his head.

He sobered down a bit and looked at Duncan while he studied the board.

"I have spoken to her, Duncan. She is very worried about your plan to marry her," somehow he wanted to.convince him to cancel everything so that Tara would not go see Liora. But she would keep trying to leave regardless.

Duncan looked up amused. "She has? I don't see why. She knows that I am determined to see this through she has no need to worry," he hesitantly moved his pawn.

"Yes. But, what of Maularde? Do you not think he will make trouble of this?" Aidan looked up at him.

Duncan did not answer.

"What if she is right Duncan? What if this marriage changes the course of things for the worse?" Aidan spoke quickly.

Duncan looked up at Aidan and met his weary gaze.

Duncan sat back in his chair and narrowed his eyes.
"What is this Aidan? Why the doubt brother? Is there something your not telling me?"

Distressed and on edge he blew out a deep sigh. He needed to hold back the urge to tell him about Taras plan.
"No, tis just that...." He paused. " Understand, Duncan. She is very nervous and worried. She fears this will all bring trouble for us all,"