Her Butler, History

(Your POV)
It was the beggining of spring and all you wanted to do was sit and read. You heard you parents call your name as footsteps approached your bedroom. You stood up and walked to the door.

"(Name)! We've been looking for you all day! Where have you been?" Your mother asked worriedly. You looked at you watch and realized it wasn't as early as you thought it was.

"Huh?! It's four o'clock?!" You shouted, astonished. You had been in your room drawing and reading all day that you had forgotten about the time. You bowed and looked down at the floor. "My deepest apologies, Mother and Father! I was in my bedroom reading and drawin-" You paused.

{If I tell them I was drawing and reading all day long, they'll be angry with me.} You thought to yourself. You looked up and sighed. "I've been extremely busy with my studies." You say without a single word after.

"Studying? Oh, that's good. A young maiden must learn to become elegant and proper. I'm glad to see you've finally decided to become the proper young lady you were meant to be." Your mother said with a big elegant smile on he face.

{Bleh. I will never become proper. I want to be myself. Not someone my mother wants me to be.} You thought as you looked away in disgust. "Yes. Now, if you'll escuse me for a little while long-" Your parents cut you off.

"You may go back to your studying in one moment. We've hired a new butler for you and we need you to meet him." Your parents say in unison.

You sigh and nod. "Very well. Where is he at?" You questioned as you began to walk out the door.

"In the dining hall. We shall wait here for your return."

"Wait... You mean you're not coming with?" Your eyes widened as you turned to look at your parents. {What happened to my parents? They always come with me to meet a new servant...}

"We just thought your old enough to go on your own now. Anyway, he's waiting on you. Hurry up or he'll leave." Your parents said in a cheerful voice.

You turned and walked down the long winding staircase as you thought to yourself, {"You're old enough"? Mother and Father would never say that. Not to me at least. They're too protective over me.}

As you thought that you realized you were already downstairs. "Oh. Well I should head towards the dining hall now." You announced as you made your way into a new and exciting adventure.