Kasai and Ifriti

Her black hair was wild and curly, her eyes were silver and looking at the huge black and red dragon with curiosity. "Didn't you see me?" Kasai snapped jumping in his face and waving her arms to snap the dragon out of his thoughts. "I just burnt down a whole thing of stuff and you were dreaming" Kasai snapped. "No I did see you" he said, he took her off his nose and gently placed her on the ground. Kasai looked at him with question "is something wrong?" Kasai asked looking up at the dragon. "Remember what I taught you?" He asked "be fierce as fire smooth as lava!" Kasai said. "You know what that means?" Ifriti asked, Kasai shrugged "it means be strong and brave." Ifriti said, "why are you talking like that?" Kasai asked "so you can always remember it Kasai" Ifriti snapped Kasai nodded slowly. "But why? It's not like you are going away or anything" Kasai said. Ifriti was quiet for a bit but then said slowly "just remember it Kasai. It's important" Ifriti said. 

"It's time" Ifriti heard late that night. Kasai slept beside him curled in a little ball. He would put in her memory that she killed him. It was so she wouldn't go looking for him. He gently put the point of his claw to her head, something glowed in her skin. Kasai mumbled something and turned to the other side.

The next morning Kasai woke up with a yarn. For some reason she didn't remember much of yesterday only that she was training with Ifriti. She touched her forehead trying to remember "Kasai, I want you to test your magic on me" he said. Kasai looked at him with surprise and quickly shook her head "no... I won't Ifriti... I could hurt you" Kasai snapped "how can you know if you don't try" Ifriti said. Kasai shook her head "No! No I won't!" Kasai exclaimed backing away from him. "What have I told you Kasai" Ifriti snapped. "Be fierce as fire and smooth as lava" Kasai said with tears in her eyes. "How do you know your magic really works on a dragon if you don't try it on one?" Ifriti asked, Kasai shook her head again on a sob. "Stop being a crybaby Kasai, this is so you can be stronger" Ifriti said. Kasai gave up, she knew Ifriti was right "alright... I will try" Kasai said, her hands became engulfed in flames. "Now Kasai" Ifriti said, Kasai closed her eyes and charged towards him.  Tears streamed down her cheeks "You've.. done.. well Kasai" he said slowly.

Kasai fell to her knees sobbing "Ifriti!" Kasai cried, she killed her father... She killed Ifriti. Kasai couldn't believe it, she felt like she ripped her own heart out of her chest. She couldn't even look at her hands, "I'm so sorry Ifriti... I... I didn't want to" Kasai cried at the ground.

She sat there all night staring at nothing. She was still in shock and grief. She killed Ifriti her only family. She didn't want to stay here anymore; She could not after what she just did. Kasai slowly stood her feet and began to walk away. She didn't know how to do anything really. Be fierce as fire and smooth as lava; Kasai thought.