Chapter 1

"Did you say please just follow me, I thought you wanted me cuz I want you all to myself!!" I sang as I crazily danced around my room, almost tripping over my pile of clothes and who knows what else. The almost wipeout made me look at outside only to see it was not morning anymore. "Oh, I should get ready soon, whatever one more song!" Just then Shake Tramp came one. I eyed myself in the mirror and dramatically sang the acapella bit. The second the beat started, the ‘dancing’ commenced and I was flying around my bedroom, hair brush in hand pretending to sing.

I remember the first time I heard this song, it changed my life. Well that sounded cheesy but it did. I was at my best friend Adam’s house, we were 15, and it had been a long tiring day at school.

“I have something I want to show you Elisa” Adam yelled as he shot up from his bed. I had been lying on the floor kind of doing math homework.

“Oh, what is it??” I was very surprised; Adam doesn’t usually get this excited about things. He took out his laptop and pulled up this picture of a band. The guy in the middle had blue and black hair, which was strange but it suited him and he was really hot. Behind him was a guitarist who had brown hair and looked really cute. There was also one guy with a giant Mo hock… interesting.  Lastly was a drummer with an almost afro. “Who are they?” I inquired.

“Marianas Trench!! They are only the coolest band ever! I heard their song on the radio this morning, Shake Tramp, and I fell in love. Wait one sec, let me show it to you.” I was not expecting much because they looked really rock, and that is not really my type but Adam seemed to love them, may as well give it a try. He skipped the first part of the song and went straight to where the singing began.

‘Did I let you down to get that sound. And break my knees to get release. And you needed some just to take you from. And I hit you more. Is your face still sore?’ Wow. The lead singer has some serious talent.

“This is amazing!” I exclaimed. We turned it up and even though I didn’t know the lyrics I tried to sing along and we danced all night. Playing each one of their songs, it was like I had been woken up and finally exposed to good music.

When I went home I downloaded all their songs and I have been a diehard trencher ever since... I was shaken out of my reverie when Shake Tramp ended.

I glanced at the clock 1:30pm, What?! I looked at the clock one more time to make sure. "Shoot I need go!" I franticly threw on jeans and a sparkly tee that I made with a porcelain heart on the front. I make the majority of my clothes and I make them for my friends too, just another one of many quirks. I looked in the mirror and started to braid my long brown hair but I needed to move it, so I gave up halfway. Hmm, it looks kind of cute. I ran downstairs and was almost out the door when-

"Elisa?" I heard my Dad yell. "Come here." Ughh, no, I was so close to freedom. I quickly texted my bff Adam who I was going to go meet.

'Got caught on the way out. See you later tonight'-Elisa

'Kk, have fun with your dad..'-Adam

'I will...not'-Elisa. My Dad was always doing this, I am 19 now and he seems to always forget that. I wonder what 'fun' activity he will have planned for today.

"Today we are going to my school reunion! I am glad you’re ready let’s go!" He exclaimed as if he heard my thoughts. I unwilling trudged out the door behind him slipping my ear phones on and putting on my favorite band. So here's another day, I'll spend away from you. At least I have my Marianas Trench to help me through this hell. High school reunion... this is going to be a long day. As I stepped out from the undercover I got pelted with rain. Why Vancouver?! I dashed to the car, which my Dad took as a sign of enthusiasm, and I hoped in the front seat.  

"Take off your headphones, Elisa." I pretended I couldn't hear him and just bobbed my head to the music. Luckily he took the hint and kept driving. We pulled up to the parking lot of Magee secondary school. The name was so familiar to me, and not because my Dad went there, what was it? Well I can't remember, it will come to me.

The school was nice though, I could have seen myself going there when I was young, why didn't I? I started looking through the year book. These people look so funny, what horrible haircuts. I am so glad I didn't look like that when I was in high school. I continued flipping pages when my eyes landed on a certain someone. Joshua Ramsay?! That’s what it was! I knew I had heard of this school before. Suddenly I was very happy I came. I pulled out my iPod and snapped a picture to post to my Tumblr. "Look who I saw today in the year book? He looked so different!' Post. At least I got something from today. Oh Matt went here too right? As I was looking for him I heard a very familiar voice behind me.

"Hey I wonder if I can find myself"

I know that voice all too well. I spun around only to turn straight into the boy from the picture. OMG!