chapter 2

"Mom", "i'm hungry" i screamed from my room. "make it yourself" she yells back. I would if i knew how to cook i thought to myself. I grabbed some cerel out of the upper cabinbet. I opened the refridgerater, no milk. "great" i accedintly said out loud. I ate my breakfeast dry as always.

I went walking with my book in my arms, i decided to wear my brown dress with my black boots. I love it but mom says it's too old. I seen a beautiful dogwood tree, I held onto my book as tight as i could and ran. I ran to that tree. I would call it mine.

I ran and ran and ran, i could feel the wind blowing back my long dark brown hair that matched my eyes perfectly. I ran and "ahh" i  screamed as my face hit the ground. "What was that!"? I looked back at the ground behind me. I gasped. It was a tombstone, a grave marker. I let out a small scream. I was terrified. "Kaarra". "What was that"? i looked around, nothing. I could almost swear i heard my voice being called.

"Kara!" mom yelled. "Get your ass in here and clean up this dinner table". I stood up. I knew i had no chioce or i would be beaten again like i do when i'm bad. I ran into the house and began clearing the table, then i began the dishes.

I watched as mom stumbled out of the bedroom with a bottle in her hand, i knew it was liquior. I watched in disgust as she stumbles around and falls every once in awhile. I don;t dare stop my job right now because i know it wouldn't be good.

"You little bitch!" she scream. "i said clean it up!". I began to cry becasue i don't know what else to do. I grapped more dishes, I cleaned faster and i swept but she still stared, waiting for me to do something wrong or not to her liking.

I finish, grab my book and walk quickly past her with my head down. Once i make it to my room, I lock my door.