"Rose" he whispered to himself. This was his chance, he decided, there was nobody here for her to impress, just the two of them, in a dark room... Okay Scorpius thought the dark part is not preferable... But I need to talk to her, and now is the time. Taking a deep breath, he whispered "Lumos" and waited for the girls to turn around in reaction to the new light.

Of course, she did just that within what felt less than a second. Scorpius admired her face as she stalked towards him, a scowl- that seemed almost permanent when she was looking at him- printed on her face. She had a small, round face highlighted on the small forehead and nose. She had hazel eyes and perfectly sculpted eyebrows and cheekbones. Her light ginger hair fell in ringlets, framing her face.

"Malfoy!" She spat "What are you doing in here? Did you follow me?" Her wand was in her hand- the light perfectly lighting up her face. Scorpius stayed silent for a moment, and then took a deep breath before talking.

"I heard a noise, and saw something, I wanted to investigate- I could ask you the same thing, what are you doing here?" Scorpius asked, raising his eyebrows at her.

"Scorpius! I've been visiting this house since I was a little kid! I can go wherever the hell I like- besides I talked to Vic and Ted about it, they said I could come up here whenever I liked but I didn't need to tell anyone else about it!" She explained, her voice getting louder with anger. Scorpius was in awe- she had called him by his name, his first name!

"You... You called me Scorpius! You haven't called me that since.... Well since... Since third year" Scorpius voice trailed off- the memories flooding back to him; and he was sure the memories were flooding back to Rose to.

"Shut up Malfoy" Her voice had gone quiet again, she had remembered, he could tell "You shouldn't be in here"

"Why? What's in here that I can't see?" Scorpius demanded a smirk forming on his face, walking forward slightly-but Rose stopped him; he knew he would be able to push past her if he wanted, but he let her stop him.

"It's private, Malfoy- leave" She pointed to the door behind him, the light flooding in from where he had left the door partly open. Scorpius didn't move, he just simply smirked at her. Rose folded her arms across her chest, her wand still alight in her hand "What do you want Malfoy?" she demanded.

"I want to talk to you" he said, calmly, and whilst looking straight into her beautiful round brown eyes. He offered her a small smile, though it felt somewhat fake- he didn't want it to be.

"Well, you've spoken to me, and now I'm leaving- get out" Rose stared him hard in the eye, but he didn't move "Malfoy!" she yelled, attempting to push him out of the room but knowing it was no use- she was nowhere near strong enough to get him to budge.

"I'm not moving 'till you listen to me" Scorpius said, meaning his words- he wouldn't budge.

"Looks like you're going to be standing here for a long time" Rose glowered up at him- he was so much taller than she was, and right now it was an advantage on his part, his forceful expression almost made Rose shake, but she held herself together.

"We've got a war to waste away Miss Weasley, and if I don't move, neither do you- except in the opposite direction and it doesn't look like there's much that way, so I'd think you'd want to listen to me" Scorpius crossed his arms and tried to look forceful towards Rose. He knew full well that he could look scary and be forcing if he wanted, but he didn't want to scare her, didn't want to hurt her... Not again. Rose said nothing, and raised her left eyebrow, her eyes locked with his and neither daring to look away. Scorpius heard footsteps behind the door, but he ignored them- someone was probably just going to their room, because there much be a lot of them behind those doors. "Rose, why won't you listen to me?"

"Shh!" Rose snapped, dropping her arms from her chest "You're not supposed to be in here!" she whispered she mumbled 'nox' and the light at the end of her want disappeared- Scorpius followed suit. She walked carefully, looking like she knew the floorboards that creaked and those that didn't and she slowly shut the door. After she had done so, Scorpius went to speak but she rose a finger to her lips, silencing him. The footsteps stopped, some words were mumbled that neither Rose nor Scorpius could make out, and then the footsteps retreated in the opposite direction, getting quieter and quieter...

Rose laid her ear against the door, listening for something Scorpius couldn't hear, her finger still pressed against her mouth. After about a minute of the two standing still and silent, Rose straightened herself out. Lightening her want back up again. She glared at Scorpius before trying the door handle. It turned, and then stopped making an almost silent 'click' noise as it did so.

"Bloody hell" Rose muttered, a frown of concentration and annoyance finding place on her face. She tried the round handle once more before muttering 'alohomora' and trying the door again. It still didn't budge. Scorpius lit up the end of his wand, and looked at Rose- the frown on her face had been replace by a... by a scared look. "No no no no no" she muttered, trying the door again and again, saying the unlocking charm again and again, and trying the door handle after every time she did so.

"Rose, it's no use, looks like we're not going to be the ones to get ourselves out of here" Scorpius shrugged, normally he would have offered to try and open the door himself- as he was often a lot smarter than those he somehow got trapped in a room with (which was stupidly often); but this time was different, Rose matched his magical abilities as well as his intellectual ones. Scorpius heard Rose swear, mutter some other words and then walk into the corner of the room where Scorpius had seen her when he first walked in. Curious- and in dire need to talk to her properly- he followed. The two wands didn't give out much light, but from what it did give out, Scorpius could tell that the walls were covered with names and pictures- some of which were burnt out.

Rose had slumped against the wall, her wand in her lap and her eyes closed- just sitting there and breathing, who knew what she was thinking about. Scorpius shone his wand on the wall, reading the names, and looking at the pictures- looking at who had been burnt out. The names didn't mean much to him, they were all Blacks, or Blacks that had been married off or into the family, distant relatives of some kind. But what really startled Scorpius was when he crouched down and saw his father's name... and then his own... right next to where Rose was sitting.

A/N Meh, that was nothing

Vote/comment, thank you! 

-Elise x