"I guess I better be off" Rose smiled slightly. She nodded at the man before pulling up her hood- which was still covered in snowflakes and water- and walked out the door, not at all realising the man was following her. She exited the shop, and felt the harsh wind hit her as she opened the door. She quickly walked out, hugging herself for extra warmth, and hurried down the street, looking for some other place to shelter. As the wind picked up and the snow started falling harder, Rose walked slower, in an attempt to keep warm and to keep an eye out for the few shops which had their welcoming lights on. She soon realises she was not alone, she turned around and almost slipped on the ice, but was caught by the strong hands of the man she had shared a few words with in Flourish and Blotts. As she looked up, Rose felt her cheeks boil and flood with blood. She stood up and tucked a stray strand of red hair behind her ear before looking at the man again.

"Uh, sorry" Rose mumbled, beginning to play with her freezing hands. The man laughed at her slightly, shrugged and shook his head, insisting that it was okay, it meant nothing. Rose sighed and nodded at the man before turning to continue walking down the street, but the man hurried after her, insisting on walking with her and talking to her.

"So, um, where you off to?" The man asked, his hands behind his back, his strides large but keeping at the same pace as Rose, not going ahead of her or lagging behind her.

"I'm not really sure to be honest, somewhere warm hopefully" Rose sighed, not looking at the man but looking around for a shop to dip into for a while. She pulled her cloak tighter around herself as the wind picked up, and pulled her hands closer to her body- she really wished she brought gloves, or a proper coat.

"Well, how about that cafe? I could buy you a drink if you would like?" the man asked, motioning towards the cafe that had just come into view on the end of the street. Rose sighed but nodded in agreement- besides, she had nothing better to do, it looked warm and the man seemed nice enough.

"That would be lovely thank you" Rose half-smiled, her arms still folded around her body. The two walked towards and into the small cafe, the man holding the door open for Rose to walk in first. Rose laughed slightly, at the man's kindness. She scanned the menu board above the tills, and let the man know of what she wanted- a medium hot chocolate with extra cream- before taking a seat by the window that was frozen up with frost which gave a pretty but distorted view of the outside street.

The man shortly walked over to the table Rose had chosen, smiling at her choice. He placed their drinks on the table- Rose could smell a hint of coffee but was unsure of exactly what the man had ordered- and sat down himself, he too looked out the frozen window and admired the distorted view. They sat in silence for a while, the two sipping away at their warm drinks. When Rose finished her drink, she put it on the table, it did not make much noise but it echoed throughout the silent cafe, which startled the man from his peaceful view-watching. He too had finished his drink which he too put on the table, thought the noise did not startle anyone. He smiled at Rose before he started to talk.

"I realise I don't even know your name, how rude of me, may I ask what it is?" He asked, very kindly. Rose, again, smiled at his kindness. She nodded and continued to introduce herself.

"Rose, Rose Weasley, and yourself?" She asked, holding out her hand. For a second Rose thought she saw a startled look on the man's face, but it was soon gone. The first, and only, thought and explanation that she could come up with, as to why he would be startled, was her family, her mother and father. But the fact her family was famous was mostly overlooked as she was hardly ever noticed. But the true explanation came when the man introduced himself.

"Scorpius, Scorpius Malfoy" The man said, taking Rose's hand and shaking it. Rose's mouth dropped, she couldn't hide her surprise like the man- Scorpius- had done. How could she not have worked it out? His fancy clothing, his posh vocabulary and way of speaking- of course he was a Malfoy, and he was too young to be any other Malfoy than Scorpius. Rose snatched her hand out of his. She couldn't stay here. She gathered her things, putting her cloak on and standing up, tucking her chair in.

"Thank you for the drink, but I can't stay here Malfoy" she almost spat. Her smile had left her face as soon as she heard his name. She quickly rushed away, leaving Scorpius bewildered and alone.

It had been 3 years since the two left Hogwarts and they had not seen or heard anything about each other in all that time, which was good for them. Rose cursed herself with everything she had for not recognising him, but also for leaving so abruptly. She hadn't seen the boy in three years and he had seemed to have changed a considerable amount not only in looks but in personality too. However Rose still felt like she couldn't try and amend things with him- she had been brought up to hate him and could not change her family's views, which in this case were the same as hers. She tightened her cloak in an attempt to keep warm as she walked back up the street before apparating home.

A/N Good start? I hope you enjoyed it! Please vote and comment if you did and I'll post the next chapter next week! 

Pluuus, I have written out some of the cast, that I have decided on. Obviously all the characters who were in the films would have their actors as their cast, but if you have any characters that you want a cast/face claim for, just put it in the comments! I've got somebody for most of the characters in this (and don't worry if you don't know who some of the characters in the cast list are yet- they come in later in the book)! Thank youuu

-Elise x

CONGRATULATIONS TO percabeth-marlene FOR WINNING THE COVER COMPETITION! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE COVER THANK YOU SO MUCH! COMMISERATIONS TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO ENTERED BUT AND I SHALL POST THE SECOND AND THIRD PLACES ON NEXT WEEK AND THE WEEK AFTER'S CHAPTERS, AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE WHO ENTERED'S COVERS! I ADDED THE COVER TO THIS CHAPTER, SO YOU CAN HAVE ANOTHER LOOK AT IT! WHOO! (Sorry for caps, I needed it to stand out from the rest of the A/N but still be part of the A/N... Sorry!)