Chapter 43

"I'm sorry, Yato. I really loved you." My words came out as a whisper, and my tears started flowing again, as I closed my eyes and turned my back on the ocean, letting go of the balance on my legs, falling.

I could feel my core dragging me downwards, the wind furiously hitting my skin everywhere, but before I even fell away from the edge of the cliff, I felt a hand gripping my left wrist, leaving the rest of my body hanging over the deep dark ocean. It felt like everything froze for a while, like the only thing still moving was the wind and the leaves of the trees dancing with it, as well as the wild waves of the sea.

I could not open my eyes. I wanted to see what happened, who or what held me, but my lids refused to listen to me, sealing my eyes firmly and tightly. I felt my body being dragged upwards, and with a fast move, the person tossed me back on the land like a washcloth, and I rolled a few times, ending up further behind them.

I remained silent and still lying on the ground for a while, as cold sweat covered my skin and my legs were uncontrollably shaking. I felt a tear flowing down my cheek as I managed to open one eye, warming up that side of my face. My initial reaction was to look at who stopped me. However the unstoppable flow of tears was blurring my vision, so I could not tell. I sat up, supporting myself on the ground with my one hand, the other one holding my head that felt like a thousand bells were ringing in it, while panting heavily.

"Geez...you never learn, do you? "

The insanely familiar and soft voice made me shiver. Suddenly all my senses started working a bit better, my brain quickly interpreted the voice and my favorite smell that felt like it was penetrating my entire body.

I took the courage to look up, my vision back to normal. I couldn't possibly even think this moment was real.

It was Yato.

He was there. Standing in front of me, with one hand on his hip, his dark purple hair half clipped back as he always likes to have it, wearing his white shirt that was now full of blood stains. His eyes were looking at me, piercing through with their vibrant blue color.

"N-no way.." I tried to say, but instead whispered, unable to take my eyes off of him. I tried to push myself to stand, but I failed; my legs couldn't support me anymore. I kept glaring at him, trying to figure out if it was an illusion.

"I'm home", he said softly, and a warm smile appeared on his pale lips.

"Am I...dreaming? " I said silently, my voice barely reaching his ears. His smile widened and he started walking towards me, slowly and agonizingly, until he reached me, kneeled and held my chin with his hand, gently pressing his lips against mine. After a few seconds he softly pulled away and looked at me in the eyes, without letting go of my chin.

"Does that answer your question?" he said, wiping away my tears with his hand, his warm fingers gently rubbing my freezing cheek.

Without thinking for even a second, I let myself fall on his chest, and wrapped my arms around him, hugging him so tight that my arms started to hurt, crying uncontrollably. He was definitely real. He wrapped his left arm around my body and softly caressed the top of my head with his right, running his fingers through my tangled hair.

"I'm so sorry Yato" I yelled in his chest. "I broke my promise...I can't believe it, how could I be so stupid?!"

"It's okay", Yato replied calmly, still caressing my head, hugging me tightly. "I understand. I shouldn't have been gone for so long. I should've come back earlier. If I had, maybe this wouldn't have happened. But listen to me", he said, lifting me gently from his chest, holding me from my shoulders and looking deep inside my eyes.

"I'm here now. I won't leave again. I'll never allow you to come to this point. Never again will I leave you alone. I promise. Okay?" Despite the rain that had just started falling, I felt really, really warm and cosy. I nodded in reply, but I couldn't possibly keep my eyes open any longer. I let myself fall on him again.

"Let's go home. Together." He picked me up, holding me in his arms as the rain was getting worse, and started walking through the foggy forest.

-

Fallen Darkness (Yatori fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara