Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I had packed my bags the following night as Tyler and I were saying goodbye to each other. I honestly feel bad for Lee because...well yeah you get the point.

Anyways, the morning I was to leave felt terrible. It was raining heavily and the clouds were dark gray. I didn't want to run through this even if the clouds were great for my eyes. Maybe Stefan knew I was coming and wanted me to travel safe...or Lexi, I thought cynically.

"Tyler! I'm leav-" But I was cut off by his aggressive kissing. I pulled away and looked at his eyes which were wide. "It's not like I'm going to run off with him. I love you, and always will, okay? Just relax and when I get back we'll have hard and hot sex." He looked at me and grinned.

"Okay..." He said it in the boyish way that I absolutely love.

Lee muttered something behind us. "Lee, you know that I hate when you spy on us like that," Tyler said looking up at him.

"Okay, I wasn't spying. I was just...waiting." He smirked, but his eyes showed sadness. Everytime Lexi went to Stefan for his birthday, this was his usual look. It didn't matter if Tyler brought him to a stripclub, his eyes were still sullen.

"Lee, cheer up. It's only for a couple days. And you know she loves you. Why else would she have turned you?" Lee's eyes lightened up a little and he gave me a boyish side grin, embarrassed probably. I looked at Tyler and gave him a kiss, then I left.

As I was running through the trees and bushes on the outside of Mystic Falls, I had this queer feeling that I was being watched. I shrugged it off and soon called out to Lexi.

Lex...Where the fuck are you?

No answer. Just...silence. Now if I was Stefan, where would I go to live in a town like Mystic Falls? I asked myself. I walked down the highway towards an old brick building with a terret on top. I listened closely and heard distant laughing. Lexi's.

***

I waited after I had rung the doorbell. As soon as I heard footsteps, I braced myself for Stefan. How would I greet him? Would I give him a hug or kiss on the cheek? Or would I say "Hi." like a loser and leave right away.

The door opened and Stefan was still laughing, but stopped when he saw me. His eyes showed disbelief and confusion.

"Elisabeth?"