The first sight

It was a Monday morning and as usual I was rushing late for my remedial lesson. I walked quickly towards the lift and while checking the venue for my lesson, suddenly I bumped into someone. The econs file in my hands dropped and my notes were all over the floor. I was so embarrassed that I muffled an apology and hurriedly started gathering my notes.

Unexpectedly, the person whom I bumped into bent down to help me pick up my notes. At that moment, my eyes met his. His eyes was a dark shade of brown that seemed to pull me in just like how the moon is attracted to the earth. Our gaze held for what seemed like eternity to me. That very moment, all I could care about was this person kneeling down before me with a face of striking beauty. How could anyone be this handsome?!

It was till he stood up to pass me my notes that I got out of this crazy fantasy I had over him. I got up clumsily to receive the notes and thanked him. He smiled back at me and left. That smile left me breathless. As I watch his back leave me, I felt something weird stirring inside me. It was as though a part of my heart was missing. I felt empty. My face was boiling hot and my heart was beating irregularly. What is this feeling? Is this love at first sight?

The lift opened and I tried to recompose myself as I headed for lesson. Ever since that incident, my eyes have always been searching for his presence. It was till 2 days later that I found out he is in fact a good friend of someone I know. I was shocked and happy that I might afterall have a chance to get close to him. I found out his name is Fir (and I immediately thought of a nickname for him named MAO). He is a soccer player and most importantly, he is single. I smiled at the thought of that.

I told my friends about how hot he is but they all just brushed me away and thought my so called love was just me being delusional. But I know, this is LOVE. Although love at first sight seems to happen only in fairytales but I really felt the static charge throughout my body leaving me with goosebumps as he looked into my eyes. His face has never left my mind.

"OMG look its Mao!!" I tried to suppress the happiness as I whispered to my friend. I swear that he has the kind of looks that will stop you in your tracks. Suddenly, our eyes met and for a brief moment I was almost sure that he smiled at me. I felt the heat rising up to my cheeks. The blush must have been a dead give-away. I sure hope he didn't see that.

It didn't help that he was so modest with his looks, it made me fall for him all the more. He was handsome alright, but inside he was more beautiful.