2. The Amount of Flirting is Killing Me

♦ 2. The Amount of Flirting is Killing Me♦

|Rosalie Burns|

April 3rd, 2015
10:47pm

"Thank goodness," I exclaimed as I quickly tried to scramble out of the car. I needed clean oxygen; these boys were cruel, as they left the windows closed for two hours.

"Oh come on Rosie, we weren't that bad," Jake laughed as he and Mark threw their arms around me.

"Yeah Rose, don't' be mean, we weren't that bad," Mark said, with a sly little smirk.

I rolled my eyes and ran out of their grips, "You guys are assholes," I grumbled and turned back around to stick my tongue out at each of them. I know, childish, but whatever.

"Mark, did you just hear what she said?" Jake questioned, sounding completely appalled with me. I rolled my eyes as Mark nodded his head with a small pout on his face.

"I think we're going to have to punish her," Mark tutted, and I gulped as an evil grin began to take over his features. The twins began to move in on me with their hands outstretched, I knew what that meant; they wanted to tickle me into submission. I let out a tiny shriek and wasted no time, as I quickly turned around and ran off toward Matthew.

"Matt! Make them stop, please! It's my birthday!" I exclaimed, trying to plead with him. I put a pout on my face, knowing he wouldn't be able to resist the little sister act. Matt laughed as he placed an arm around my shoulder.

"Leave her alone, you can punish her later; don't you want her to see the surprise at the house?" he questioned and gave each of them a knowing look. My face scrunched into confusion as I watched the twins holler in agreement. They quickly ran in front of me, Cole trailing behind, as they booked it toward our summer home. I turned my head toward Matt in questioning, but he just shook his head and grinned. He squeezed my shoulders lightly as he led me toward the home.

My feet crunched against the still slightly frozen ground, the perks of living in Canada; the snow never truly leaves until at least May. I can remember one time in high school when we had a snow day in April. It was some crazy stuff. The wind blew a chill through the air and I knew tonight wouldn't be a walk in the park. I always found it harder to concentrate when I was cold, and judging by the weather now, I knew that by nightfall it would be freezing.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE!!"

I jumped back into Matt as 40+ people jumped out at me. Some were wearing party hats, most had those things that you blow at parties to make a funny sound perched on their lips, but I noticed each and every one was adorned in their hunting gear. That was a strange sight since this was supposed to be my hunt, my first solo mission.

I smiled meekly as my father moved toward me, how the hell he got here before us was beyond me, but at the moment I didn't particularly care. I hugged him back as the crowd clapped and shouted behind me. I knew we were having a party, but I didn't think that this many people would show up. I was actually pretty surprised.

"Happy birthday sweetheart," he whispered and kissed the crown of my head.

"Thanks dad," I murmured.

My dad pulled away from me and looked at the crowd, "If I could have everybody's attention please," he called. Immediately, the crowd quieted as their attention turned toward my father. I began to blush under the attention and tried my best to grin and bear it all so not to disappoint my father.