SyoXPrincess!Reader

This one-shot is for EvartsArielLynn14 Hope you like it :D Sorry it took so long >~<  

you are around 16 in this one 
(fav/c)=favorite color
(fav/fl)=favorite flower
_______________________________________________________________________________

You sighed as you stared longingly at the village just outside the castle walls. You wanted nothing more in the world than to leave the castle and be free. You heard a knock on your room door and turned to see Hikari, your personal maid, at your chamber door.

"Pardon me, your highness, but it's time for you to interview your potential personal knight." She said with a warm smile. You sighed before smiling and turning towards her.

"Of course. I'll be down in a moment." You stated. Hikari nodded and closed your door. You checked your appearance and soon headed down to your study where you would hopefully find a knight to protect you.

~*Time Skip~*

You stretched as the last of the applicants left your study. You got up to leave and accidentally knocked a picture frame over. You picked it up and saw a beautiful (fav/c) (fav/fl). You smile as you remembered the last time you saw your childhood friend.

~*Flashback (you are 6)~*

You snuck out of the castle to enter the nearby village, but some palace guards spotted you and told you to go back inside. You refused and broke out into a sprint towards the village. You frantically looked around for your friend that you were forbidden to see. You quickly spotted a mess of blond hair and ran towards him.

"Wait up, Syo-chan!" You yelled as you struggled to catch up with the blond boy. As you got closer to him, you grabbed his wrist and started to drag him farther away from the guards.

"Whaa! (F/N)-chan! What's going on?" Syo asked.

"No time to explain. Just follow me!" You responded. You both ran across the village before stopping at a meadow hidden beneath vines and trees. This was where you would always hide whenever you wanted to play with Syo. 

"Now.. can you...explain why...you dragged me here?" Syo panted. You spun on your heel before flashing a grin towards the blond. 

"Because I haven't seen you in a while and I'mnotallowedtoleavethecastleanymore." You said, mumbling the last part so he wouldn't hear it. Unfortunately for you, he did.

"What was that last part? I didn't catch that." Syo said, tilting his head ever so slightly to the side.

"I can't see you anymore, Syo-chan. I have to start learning about being a proper princess so my father forbid me from going to the village anymore." You explained, looking down while your eyes started watering. You heard rustling and looked up to see a (fav/c) (fav/fl) in front of you. 

"...For you to remember me by..." Syo said shyly. Overcome by emotions, you threw your arms around his shoulders.

"How could I ever forget you? You're my most favorite person in the world!" You yelled, your voice cracking as you started to sob. Unknown to you, the little blond was blushing at your words and sudden contact, though you were too dense to notice the boy's feelings. 

~*Flashback End~*

You smiled at the memory and hardly noticed that Hikari was standing at the door of your study. 

"Excuse me your highness, but another knight just arrived." She said softly, breaking you out of your trance-like state. 

"Of course. Bring him in, please." You requested. Soon after, a boy around your age nervously walked in. You gave him a warm smile to calm him down and gestured for him to take a seat.