Chapter 9 - A Job for me?

The following morning when Henry woke he sent a message to Margie. *I need you to ask Nancy to come to my office when she is done in the kitchen. As I am sure you know Wendy found her mate last night. That is going to create an opening for the kitchen and I want to offer it to Nancy.* He figured this would help to keep the three of them in the Pack house if she accepted. Henry would even adjust the pay to account for the rooms and minimal utilities. Yes they did have a fairly good sized water, gas, and electric bill but the stipend the working Pack members gave covered most of that.

Margie couldn't help but smile when he mentioned Wendy. *Not a problem sir and I will take care of it. I know she is intending to go to town but as soon as she finishes eating I will take care of it.* She was actually pleased by what he had to say. Mr. Dawson hadn't said anything other than she was going to desire to work and she had done that. Margie was also very pleased with Wendy finding her mate. The young woman had been so worried about finding her mate. When she had Wendy had almost glowed.

Once she was done talking to him Margie turned and looked at the crew. "Well with Wendy finding her mate we are going to be short for a while. We are going to need to pick up her slack till we get someone else to cover for her." She started calling out orders for what food was going to be served for the morning. Once that was over they would start considering lunch though that was much smaller during the week. Most of the people worked and would be out of the house. Dinner tended to be another heavy meal but she figured they would do something relatively easy such as a stew and some side dishes.

~~~

When Anise woke up she sat up and stretched before glomping Fido and giving him a huge hug. For a short time she lay there hugging him before carefully getting out of bed. The bed was large enough she was still getting used to where the edge was. "Wake up Amy if you aren't already." The clock alarm had gone off and she figured Amy was awake now as well.

Amy stretched and grumbled. "I get the bathroom first this morning." She hopped out of bed and dashed into the bathroom after grabbing some clothes. It only took her a few minutes to brush her teeth and take a shower before she was dressed and out. "All yours sis." She settled down and started brushing her hair as Anise stood up.

When Amy came out Anise already had some clothes and hoped they looked good together. She thought she was familiar enough with the few clothes in the dresser to have a decent idea. Anise figured if the clothes looked funny Amy would tell her. She had before. "I will be out in a few. Would you check and make sure mom is awake?"

Jed simply remained on the bed as the two girls talked. Just for good measure he yawned with a loud clomp when he closed his mouth. When both girls twitched he settled for wiggling his ears at them. His tail thumped the bed as well just for good measure.

Amy glowered at him. "I think he is telling you to hurry up. He looks hungry and I like my legs as they are..." Just for good measure she crossed her arms over her chest and pouted at him.

Anise snorted at her as she headed towards the bathroom. "I have a feeling you are too small to fill him up. Besides I think he would prefer a nice piece of cow to a piece of little sister. I am sure he knows it would upset me if I found he had taken a bite out of you." She was giggling and when Fido snorted at her, she giggled even more as she headed to the bathroom.

Nancy was already up and getting dressed. Since her girls normally showered in the morning she took one at night. Trying to get all three of them showered in the morning with one bathroom was a comedy of errors. By the time Amy had come over she was already dressed and ready to go to the police station. What she was going to need to do there she honestly wasn't sure and hoped it wouldn't be a huge deal. At least she had renters insurance on the place. That should take care of some of the money though it wouldn't get them much.