(Chapter 10)

LAST CHAPTER:

"You're the one who's about to race and I'm feeling nervous for you" I say to him with a slight chuckle. Stephan laughs and shakes his head as well.

"When you get in the car...you don't think you just drive and that's one of the reasons why I love this sport so much. I feel free and I get to show how determined I am" He says. I know that Stephan loved driving but I didn't know the amount of passion he held behind it. He really loves his job.

"Good luck" We both go our separate ways and I sit down in the same spot I did as last time. They all begin setting up and soon enough Stephan is out of the garage. I look back at the screen and watch the other driver's line up as well. I hope Stephan wins this race.

*************

I can't believe this happened. Monroe and Stephan ended up colliding with each other and from what it looks like it was Monroe's fault as well. Stephan is probably so pissed off right now. He only had five laps left and now he's out and not even going to be on the podium. They show Stephan get into the car and reply the collision again. This was not supposed to happen, none of this was ever supposed to happen.

I wonder what's going through his mind at this very moment.

"What the fuck was going through his mind?!" I hear someone yell out. Looking around I see it's none other than Stephan. His face is tomato red as he storms towards his engineer.

"Stephan calm down. The FIA are going to do something about this" He says to Stephan. Getting up from my seat I just stare at the scene in front of me as well as everyone else. Stephan looks away from his engineer and looks me dead in the eye- I don't like this side of Stephan, not at all.

"We're going" He says pointing a finger straight at me. Before I could even respond back he has a hold of my arm and is dragging me out of the garage. I quickly take the headphones off and give them to one of the people which were by the doors.

"Stephan you need to relax" I see the cameraman begin to follow us as Stephan is dragging me along. Stephan stops in his tracks and looks back at me and then at the cameraman. Putting an arm around my shoulder he flicks the cameraman off and continues at the same pace.

"You don't understand Alicia...he did that by purpose" Stephan says.

"You guys are best friends, I'm sure he didn't mean it" I assure him. Once we're out of the pit lane we walk towards a door which Stephan opens.

"He did. He knew that if he overtook me then I would crash and that's exactly what he did. Well you know what...he is now ahead of me on the table so he fuck himself" He says each word with bitterness making me want to calm him down. Monroe shouldn't have done that, I don't know what was going through his mind. Was he trying to prove something?

"Stephan aren't you going to do any interviews?" I ask him.

"I don't give a shit about any interviews at the moment. We're leaving. I've already booked a ticket to Germany so that's where we're heading" Before he can drag me down any further I stop him.

"Stephan you do realise that I'm ok now" I question him. He takes his arm off my shoulder and raises his eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" He asks confused.

"I mean...I'm ok. I feel much better now and you don't need to take care of me anymore. You bringing me and making me stay with you was a blessing but I can't continue to drag you down with me along the way. You'll have the media blasting you for what just happened and on top of that they won't leave you alone because they're assuming that I'm your girlfriend" I don't know why but I'm feeling very angry at the moment as well. Whatever I just said to him is true. I can't keep myself around him and not be able to take care of my own self.

"What you trying to say then?"

"What I'm trying to say is...I think you should go. Me being around you isn't healthy" I assure him. He lets out a sigh and runs a hand through his hair.

"What if I want you to stay with me? What if I want my new friend to come along with me" His eyes have now softened as he looks at me.

"How long Stephan...how long?" My voice comes out small as I try to hold in my tears. This is such a great time to get emotional.

"I want you to be clear with me Alicia...what are you trying to say?" He asks moving towards me. He surprises me by taking my hand in his and just running the pad of his thumb along my skin.

"I can't stay with you forever Stephan...I'll need to end up going my own separate way"

"But I want you to stay with me Alicia. I want you to be by my side because I feel like you understand me" He's blinking his eyes rapidly and is licking his lips along the process. From watching his interviews the only time he ever does that if he's nervous or embarrassed. What is he right now?

"Stephan I think you need to be a little clear this time"

"Fuck it. Actions are louder than words" He places his hands on either sides of my cheek and presses his lips against mine. Is he kissing me, he's actually kissing me? Stephan Marten is kissing me and I should be kissing him back! Before I even had the chance to respond back his lips are now gone leaving coldness behind. "Ever since I hit you with my car I just couldn't get you out of my head. I know that it seemed like I didn't have any feelings for you but I didn't know what I actually felt at that moment. I've never really brought any of my ex-girlfriends to my races because they didn't understand anything...but you do. You do Alicia and I want you to stay by my side" He glides his finger on my cheek and I notice that I was crying.

"So you're accidentally in love with me?" I ask him. He lets out a laugh and nods his head.

"Yes. This is what it's like to be accidentally in love"

"I could say the same as well. I've liked you for a very long time Stephan Marten and I can see why" Wrapping my arms around his shoulders he hugs me back as we saviour the moment. This isn't a dream anymore...this is reality.

This was always supposed to be a short story so I hope everyone liked this story. Share, vote and comment.

Thank you for the support everybody showed towards this story. I hope you liked Alicia's story in finding Stephan.