Chapter 1 - A Betrayal and a Proposal

{Edited}

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson. All rights go to Rick Riordan

Chapter 1- A Betrayal and a Proposal

She was there, right there, the love of my life, kissing the boy that I already hated. The son of Apollo had only arrived little over a week ago, but he already had most of the girls, and even some of the boys, wrapped around his little finger. Even Katie Gardner, and clearly Annabeth, had fallen under his charm.

I hid back in the shadows, still watching her hungrily suck on the blonde boy's face. I think his name was Adam, but I could be wrong. Besides, why would I care about the stupid guy's name! He's kissing Annabeth, for Zeus's sake! Annabeth! And I thought she was loyal to me.

I noticed my palm closing even further around the small, circular ring I held in my hand. A small silver band, with small sapphires engraved in the pattern of an infinity symbol. I had hoped that my Wise Girl would wear it on her finger, but from this view, I could tell that it wasn't really going to happen.

Annabeth pulled back from her kiss with the other boy, and laughed breathlessly. She put her hands in his chest, her curled blonde hair blowing naturally with the wind.

"Oh Alastair, you are an amazing kisser," she complimented. Huh, so his name was Alastair. Meh, I was close. Focus, Percy.

"Come back to my cabin with me? The rest are all at dinner, so we can have the place to ourselves," Alastair spoke to her in a rough voice.

She giggled, which she never did around me. "Oh, I don't know. What if someone sees?"

I let a small smile slide onto my face. Maybe I was still on her mind! "Then we will make up an excuse, you were helping me with settling in."

I saw her waver, and then she grinned. "Alright, but you better make this worth my time. And nobody better find out."

"You know I will," he said seductively, "and I doubt than anyone would." Alastair led her off towards the cabins, their hands clasped together.

I turned and slid to the ground, still holding the dreaded ring I pulled out my necklace from under the orange t-shirt, and unclasped it. As I stood up, I strung the ring into the leather, and walked down to the beach, stopping at the edge of the water. The waves washed up, water covering my feet.

I sighed. Honestly, I didn't think I would ever find the day when I would find Annabeth cheating on me. But I had to keep my head, or only Zeus knows what would happen.

Looking across the waves and at the slowly setting sun, I called out, "Aphrodite, what did I do to deserve this?" As I expected, I got no response from the goddess of love. But it was still worth a shot.

I wondered what was happening at the pavilion. The rest of the demigods having a good time eating and talking, the girls gossiping, the boys rambling on about monsters, weapons and such. Usually I would be there too, but due to these circumstances...

Suddenly, the water on my toes turned to a boiling temperature. I stepped out quickly, and jumped back onto the sand, looking down at my feet. They were wet... they had water on them? How is that even possible?! I can never get wet unless I allow myself to! So what in Hades' was happening?! Maybe Annab- no, don't even think about her. She betrayed you.

"Perseus Jackson," a loud voice called out, and I instinctively flinched at the sound of my full name. But whose voice was it? Obviously a god, but which?

A figure materialised in front of me, and I was relieved to spot a friendly face. My father stood there, with his black hair, Hawaiian shirt and his eyes the same as mine, he looked as immortal as ever. But a smile wasn't seen on his lips, nor the usual twinkle in his eyes.