The Tesseract is misbehaving

We drove with Fury's usual black jeep. The windows were tinted so I couldn't see outside and vice versa. For security reasons, I suppose. After what seemed like yeaaars and yeeaaars of waiting, we were finally there.

We got down, to what seemed like nowhere, for non-agents of course. But I'm a pro so I know.

I'm joking.

The first time I got here I got a panic attack and started yelling and accusing Fury for kidnapping and kinda, accidentally burned his car.

Fury clobbered me on the head for that one

-

The headquarters popped up, literally. They just sprung out of the ground, in a cool high tech kinda way. We stopped at the entrance to give our IDs. We went down a very long and dark tunnel before we reached the base and got off the van.

Security security.

Once we got in, I saw a familiar face and a grin made it's way to my lips.

"Maria!!!" I squealed and ran at her.

"Oof!" She exclaimed when I hugged her so tight, her feet were off the ground.

"Nice. to. see. you. too. Gem. Can't. [wheeze]. breathe," she rasped.

I let her down, "Oh sorry Maria." I gave a closed eye grin and made a peace sign.

"No sweat," she smiled back.

Fury then took me to a huge room. There was a laser thingy stuff shooting at a glowing blue cube, the blue iswas kinda like the color of Giselle's eyes.

"The tesseract?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Fury just nodded.

A man in his kind of old age- late forties if I'm not mistaken- rushed over to us.

"Nick, the tesseract is misbehaving," he said.

"Oh hey Claw." he spared me a glance before talking to Fury again.

"Hello to you too mr Selvig," I greeted back, chuckling lightly.

"Where's agent Barton?" I beamed at the mention of his name.

"The hawk? Up in his nest, as usual," Selvig replied and I scoffed.

"Ain't that the truth."

"What's the matter, Gem? Don't you miss me?" A deep voice said. I looked up in the railing and saw a man's figure dropping down skillfully and walked over to us.

Pfft. Show off.

"I would say that I did, but my mom told me that it's not nice to lie," I smirked at the familiar figure in front of me.

He tsked and said "Same old Gemini, always so rude." he held a hand over his heart in a mock-hurt expression.

"The truth hurts. So suck it up buttercup," I said and stuck my tongue out at him.

He just chuckled and shook his head at my childish behavior.

"Man have I missed you Gem," he said, opening his arms for a hug. I hugged him back happily.

"Same here, Clint," I smiled.