Introduction

*Flashback*

Sitting in my room with my sisters we hear our drunk step father slam the front door.

"Bitch where's my food at" James slurred at my mother.

"Who the f-" *smack*

"Who you talking to like that? Nigga I pay every bill in this motherfucker." He replied only to receive a punch to his face.

By now I had distracted my little sisters with bath time. Of course they're old enough to not drown. I snuck out of my room peeking downstairs.

By then he had passed out with my mother leaving him to go into the kitchen. She had already cooked us dinner and was putting it away in the refrigerator.

Making my way downstairs I ran and hugged my mother. I could see the red handprint left on her face.

I hugged my mother as if it would be the last time I ever touched her.

After going back upstairs for a shower, I got dressed in shorts and a tank. Making sure my sisters were tucked into bed, I crawled into bed and fell asleep instantly.

***COUPLE OF HOURS LATER***

I awoke hearing three gun shots. My heart pounded but my body wouldn't move.

Thinking about my sisters I immediately ran into their rooms only to see them asleep. Silently thanking God.

After 5 minutes of silence I walked downstairs. My heart was beating louder by each step I took.

"Moooooommmmmmmmyyyy." I cried running over to her lifeless body.

"Get up mommy" I sniffled

"Please get uppp!" I cried harder and harder.

Grabbing her wrist I checked for her pulse. It was weak but a pulse nonetheless.

Crawling over to his body I checked his as well but felt nothing.

Picking up the phone I dialed 911.

*****************************

I watched as they put my mother in the ambulance and pulled away then I watched them wheel out James in a body bag.

My little sisters cried while sitting on the steps of the house we called home.

"It says here that you have a couple of relatives in Davisboro Ga." One of the police officers asked.

That day was the beginning of a downhill battle. After moving in with them I literally lose all of my mind and Respect for the ones I loved the most. I really did think that Blood use to be Thicker.