Chapter One Saving a Life

Hope you like my story! It's my first and                                                                                                         I'm trying my best.This story is a heart felt                                                                                 story except for a couple fights.If you don' like it coment! I'm reading away                       loving every story I read!  it may be yours!

...............................................................................................................................................................................

ch 1 Saving a life

One day about 20 years ago a little girl was born. Her name was Amanda. She was the best child you could ever have. At that same time a dog was born by the name of Riley. Riley’s parents died when she was two months old. Five years later when Amanda was on a walk, they went by a lake and Amanda wanted to look at the fish. All of the sudden she tripped and fell into the water. Amanda did not know how to swim because she was only a girl of 5. Her friend Lila ran to get help, but they were miles from any town. Amanda was drowning and needed help soon. Five minutes later, Riley was strolling by when she saw hands waving in the water. She quickly ran over to the spot to see Amanda flailing in the water. Without a second’s hesitation Riley jumped in the water and grabbed Amanda’s shirt. Using all her doggy strength, Riley pulled Amanda out of the lake.

    A half a hour later, Lila returned with her parents. When they saw Amanda just waking up, far away from the pond, they immediately ran over there. They found Amanda next to the dog Riley. Riley was licking her face. Meanwhile, her parents were wondering how Amanda got out of the water.

    When they got home Amanda’s parents tucked her in her bed. The next day Amanda asked her dad if she could keep the dog. Her parents couldn’t say no because they owed it to Riley for saving the life of there daughter. Amanda felt that the dog’s name was Riley, and of course she was correct. Some how Amanda and Riley had a connection. They got along from Day 1.

    10 years later

    Amanda had many problems from the accident, but she was still plain old Amanda. There were many things she couldn’t do, but with Riley’s help she could always work out her problems. Until that fateful day. Riley had broken her leg helping Amanda roller-skate. A couple days later Amanda was going to go on a trip to New Zealand, but she didn’t have Riley....                                                           Amanda pleaded with her parents to wait until Riley was better. Her parents were adament, however and were going on there vacation with Amanda and without Riley.

        It took 15 hours to get to New Zealand. When they got there Amanda was already beside with tears and felt like there was a whole in in her heart because Riley wasn't there with her. The thing that made Amanda so sad was that it was her birthday in three days and Riley wouldn't be there to share it with her.

        The next day Amanda's family was going to go swimming and Amanda said she couldn't do because RIley was not there to help her out. Things went bad after that.

          On Amanda's birthday her parents were going to take her roller-skating. But apparently Amanda could not go be it made her think of Riley to much. So Amanda's dad had a talk with her.He said" that Riley may not be coming back because it turned out that she had cancer an would need chemo-therapy or have to be put down." And they didn't have the money for the treatment. When Amanda heard small tear came down her cheak. A      moment       later         a  tear  came down Riley's  cheak. Then Amanda yelled as loud as she could. "BE PUT DOWN ! ! !