Reality Check

I snapped awake on a carpeted floor. Where was I? I remembered feeling dizzy, and falling. I slowly stood, looking around. And omigod, was that David bloody Tennant? Had I stumbled onto a Doctor Who shoot or something? I turned to look for cameras, and slammed into a lady holding a long-stemmed wine glass. The glass shattered, covering both me and her in red liquid.

"You idiot!" she shrieked, raising her hand. My arm flew up to protect my cheek. I already had enough bruises covering my legs and back. I didn't need one more.

"Resorting to hitting children, are we?" a familiar voice asked from my elbow. I lowered my arm slowly. David Tennant had grabbed the woman's wrist, and her face was red, likely with a mixture of embarrassment and fury at me.

"You insolent child! This will be coming out of your wages!" she spat in my face before storming off.

"Well then, it's a damn good thing I don't work here, eh, bitch?" I growled half-under my breath. I jumped as David Tennant's voice rang from next to me again.

"Hello. I'm the Doctor."

I scanned the room. No cameras, no equipment, no nothing.

"Erm, sorry, this is going to sound a wee bit insane, but, um, can you tell me exactly what date this is, and where I am?"

"It's Christmas day. December 25, 2008. You're on some star liner called the Titanic, from what I've gathered."

Oh HELL no. I'd seen this Doctor Who episode, and if what I suspected was true, then this wasn't a joke, and I really was in danger.

"Oh god. We've got to get out," I muttered softly.

"Sorry, who exactly are you, did you say?"

"Rami Kerys. Oh hell, this is bad."

"Well then, Rami, care to tell me how you got on board? Because you certainly are not a passenger, and you said yourself you're not staff."

I winced. "Yeah, there's the problem. Not sure how I got here, just woke up. But I get the feeling that this isn't a prank."

"Why would it be a prank?"

"Because this isn't real. None of it, none of this should exist, no Titanic's from the planet Sto, no Doctor who looks like David Tennant but honest-to-god has not the foggiest clue what I'm on about."

David Tennant-er, the Doctor raised an eyebrow at me.

"Careful there, you'll get stuck like that." I smirked.

"Well, okay, from what I gather, alternate reality? Parallel universe?"

"Possibility. All of this exists there, too, but only on Doctor Who, a television show" I watched his face to see if he caught that. He did, judging by the tilt of the head and brow-furrowing.

"Okay, telly. Favorite companion?"

"Tied between Jack and Rose."

"Ha! You and me both. Favorite adventure?"

"New Earth." He gave me a blank look, and I realized he'd only know by description.

"Where Cassandra possesses Rose."

"Favorite part?"

"Where she kisses you, and after she walks off, you look all dazed and then go, 'Yup, still got it,' in a high voice. I laughed so hard I cried," I retorted mildly, biting my lip to keep from smiling as he noticeably winced.

"Okay, I believe you, yeah. Now what were you saying about this being very bad?"

"Basically, you've got a suicidal captain who's taken down the shields in the middle of an asteroid storm and creepy robots who will momentarily turn murderous."