Brown

Words flowed from his mouth so quickly she could barely keep up. He was talking so much he didn't even realize she was uncomfortable. His Tan suite was so perfect she wanted to wrinkle it just make him look more human. He honestly looked like a robot, or a mannequin. His face was perfectly chiseled, his brown hair swept back and to the left. His chin looked like it would cut her hand if she touched it. Is he even real? She wished he wasn't. She wished she could blink and he would be gone. She wanted to be home in comfy sweats eating Mac N Cheese and writing. Not in this itchy purple dress, sitting in a restaurant to high class for its own good. Okay the restaurant isn't that bad, she is just feeling judgemental. Is he still talking? She obviously isn't listening and he is still going. She looks up at him and he isn't even looking at her. His brown eyes are boring into his glass of wine as he keeps yammering on. Brown. What a boring color. His couldn't even be that beautiful golden brown like whiskey, or that deep chocolate brown. No they look like boring mud brown. Everything about him is boring. Why is she with him again? Oh yeah, he is the type of person she needs to date now. Not exciting and eccentric, the type that makes you want to drive to Vegas, lose all your money and still drive back happy. She needs boring brown eyes. Brown eyes that wear a suit on a first date, that sits in an office and in meetings all day. Brown eyes that make you want to scream and yell just to get it all out. What's the point in being - Clare? What? Did he say something?

"Clare?" She looks up and sees him looking at her with curiosity in his eyes. Boring brown eyes

"Hmm?" She squeaks out.

"Are you listening to me?" He sounds like a controlling parent, not a good sign

"Um... of course I am." Wow that was convincing.

"What did I just say?" He challenges, raising one eyebrow. Ewe, no don't do that.

"You were talking about... your job?" What was his job again? He let's out a little chuckle and smiles.

"Im sorry Clare. I'm boring you aren't I?" Don't answer that "Why don't we talk about you?" There's not much to tell... okay that's a lie.

"Like what?" Please don't say High School

"Well, what high school did you go to?" Damn

"Degrassi Community School in Toronto Canada."

"Oh that's interesting" sure it is. "Let me guess, top of the class? Valedictorian?" Well I would have been if I hadn't bashed a camera with a baseball bat. Strangely, I don't regret that.

"Well that's a pretty good guess." She smiles at him.

"Were you a Journalist back then too." Oh god please don't bring this up.

"Um, yeah. I was in the journalism club." He nods. why are you nodding? That's weird.

"I bet you were adorable in high school." Okay this guy is really creepy. "Your absolutely beautiful now." That was cheesy. She looked down at her plate and smiled.

"Thank you" at least be polite.

"Clare?" She looks up at him again. I'm listening this time I promise. "Has anyone ever told you... you have pretty eyes?" Her eyes widen in shock. Excuse me? Instantly she shoots out of the chair, almost knocking over the glasses. She grabs her bag stammering out words as he questions her.

"I-im really sorry I just need to leave. Right now" Get the hell out!

"What?! Why? Was it something I said?"

"No-no" yes yes! "I just... need to go, I'm sorry." She grabs her bag and jacket and hastily makes her way to the door, drawing a few eyes as she goes. Just get outside, that's all I have to do. She pushes her way outside into the cold air, finally feeling like she can breathe. She stands there for a few minutes before hailing for a cab and making her way home.

Never again Clare, never again.