Chapter 1

Dear Lissa,

Hey I finally got a computer like I promised I would.  Well I miss you muches and can't wait to come and visit you in a month.  How are you and Christian?  How is the academy?  Have you been assigned your guardian yet.  Once you have let me know who it is.  Well my work is going great.  I make more money  than anybody here.  Well I miss you so much and hopefully soon you'll be able to come and visit me.  Except once I have enough money I'm planning on moving away from here and settling down.  Can you believe that?  Me settling down.  Well I think it's about time that I do.  Well I miss you so much and Christian too.  I'll see you in a few weeks.  I love you.

XXXXXXXXX

Rose

I sent the email and smiled.  My apartment was better that I had imagined.  I made around $600 a day and I worked Monday-Saturday.  So I was set with money.  I had at least $20,000 saved up in my account and I planned on quiting soon anyways.  I heard a knock at the door and smiled to myself.  That was probably John.  I got up and walked to the door opening it slowly.  Nobody was there.  I looked down and saw a package.  "Damn John I told him I didn't want anything."  I picked it up and walked back inside.  Opening it I felt something I once had.  It had been five months since I left the academy and I hadn't felt this in a while.  Fear. 

I opened the package and almost screamed.  There was a lock of Lissa's hair and her favorite sweatshirt.  I looked downand saw a note.

Dear Rose,

I have Lissa as you probably already guessed.  I was hoping this wouldn't come to this, but it has.  I tried to get to you, but you always had those freaking men following you.  I am very disappointed in you.  I never thought you would turn into a blood whore.  It's quite sad really, you had so much talent.  Well any who, I can't wait to catch up with you over dinner tonight.  Come down to the park right outside of the town and we can meet. 

Beloved D.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night

I watched the kids play on the swings and smiled.  They were all so oblivious to the world around them.  A part of me was super jealous.  I never got to have that life.  Since I was young I always knew I had to protect people.  I was never able to just have fun with out worrying about what was going to happen to me.  I was always meant to protect people.  Protect people?  Look at me now I was a fucking blood whore.

"Rose?"  I turned and saw him.  His eyes still shone with red and he looked pretty damn sexy.  I smiled and nodded.  I did look pretty different.  My boss thought it would be better if I bleached my hair so I had.  And boy was he right by the way.

"Dimitri, how nice to see you.  Are you ready to go to your house?  I'd like to see Lissa and make sure she is okay."  Yes Dimitri was back, I had already found this out from my inside source.  I wasn't that freaked to see him, I knew he was watching me all along and I was getting use to him still being alive.  Plus Dimitri was one of my clients.

"As you wish Rose," we walked in silence as he brought me to a house.  I smiled this was going to be like taking candy from a baby.