Control

Fire.

It spreads incredibly, insanely, painfully fast.

It feels like it's completely surrounding me, and all I can see is it’s terrifying brightness in my eyes.

It hurts.

It's the most horrible pain I've ever felt, times ten.

All I can feel is my skin burning, scalding, and just pain.

It wasn’t supposed to end like this.  This is not the way I was meant to die.  I saw my death, it was painless, no flames involved.  But, then again they have conspectu-futura as well.  They have everything that we do.

Who are they you might ask?  They don’t have an actual name, but we refer to them as the Calling, we call them that because they are the most temping group of controllers, to join, but, they are evil, pure evil.  We, on the other hand, are the Guilding, named after our founder Lucas Guilder, and we represent the goodness in the world.

For almost all of humanity we have been in charge, so to speak.  There have been occasional moments in time when the Calling has broken through, the Ice Age and Hurricane Katrina being examples.  But now, it's like all the natural elements are at war with themselves.  This year there have been: 85 hurricanes, 11 really strong tsunamis, 18 8.0 or over magnitude earthquakes, two being 9.7 and 9.9, and just in the U.S. over 260,000 wildfires.  The humans just think that it was an unlucky year.  They don’t know what’s going on in the world.  What they don’t know is that all the Calling’s controllers, element controllers that is, are attacking all of our controllers, all at once.

I am a wind controller, for the Guilding, and I have the power of conspectu-futura.  Conspectu-futura is Latin and translates to something like future-sight.  The translation pretty much explains my power, I can see into the future, I can never see a specific, when, where, what, or who, but it does come in pretty useful at times.  Now, the Calling also has a controller with conspectu-futura, as I said before they have everything that we do, but HE is a fire controller, his name is Charlie, Charlie Storm Leckie.  He is the worst, slimiest, most monstrous controller ever, though I've never actually met him, that’s just what I've heard.  

Right about now, you might be asking, who am I?  Me, not you, me.  I am Aria Jane Parker, and I have had the power of conspectu-futura for almost five years.  That’s really long for a controller with conspectu-futura, you see I should probably be dead by now, but, I'm a considerably powerful controller and I was under constant protection from Ethan Mathew Guilder, Lucas Guilder’s grandson and one of the most powerful, and hottest, in my opinion, controllers in the entire Guilding.

Ethan has black hair with reddish brown streaks, has bluish grey eyes, is 6 foot 4 and considerably quiet but, when he did talk, it was as if his voice would go inside my mind and make me feel as though nothing could ever be wrong again.  Then whenever I saw him, Ifelt like I could go through every form of torture in the world but, as long as I was looking into his eyes and listening to the sound of his voice everything would be just fine.

Honestly, I was in love with him. WAS being the important term here.