Three-Second Affection

by: simatakawnawriter

---

“Miko!! I said give me back my phone! I will really punch you in the face if you will not.”

“Hey, hey. Chill Alex. It’s not like you’ll going to miss your mom’s call forever.”

“I really mean it, you duffus! That call is more important than your stinky plan. Give me that or I’ll destroy that face of yours and I will pity you for not going to court Macey.”

“Oooohh. I’m so scared! But even you scrape my face right now, I can still make Macey fall for me.”

Here we go again. This person is making my blood pressure rise as always. By the way, I’m Alexa. That’s my dork bestfriend. His name is Miko. He just snatched my phone so that I can help him court our classmate, Macey. He’s stupid, right? Well atleast, I’m not.

We’re here in the park of our school where most of the people are dating but I and Miko are here to kill our boredoms. Right now, he really enjoys bullying me while I’m planning to kill him cause I’m irritated already.

“What makes you so confident?? Huh?”

“Cause I’m very well known for being the three-second seducer. I will just look at you within 3 seconds and you will definitely fall for me.”

“Urgh. You’re crazy. Fine, I will help you in courting Macey but first, give me back my phone and please stop bugging me.”

“Here’s your phone my dear bestfriend.” He said sarcastically.

“Yeah right. Whatever.” I said while smirking.

 Finally, I got my phone. I was expecting a call from my mom and nevermind, it’s none of your business. By the way, If he thinks that I will help him, well he’s wrong. I am not interested in those stuffs. It sucks to fall in love. It will give you heartaches and blah blah. Whatever. It’s not being bitter. It’s being practical.

“We got a deal Alexa. Don’t you dare to refuse again because you’ll be dead meat.”

“Ha. Whatever. Come on, let’s go back. We might be late and be scolded by our menopaused teacher and that is so not funny”

“You really like to say “whatever” don’t you?” he added. I just gave him a deadly look and we headed back to our classroom.

We are not late and still on time but it’s so boring. It’s not that I’m not interested in the lesson but It’s just I slept late last night cause I got a project that will be passed today. I feel so sleepy and I was going to lean my head on my arm chair when…

“Hey, Alexa”

“What now?!” I raised my voice quite a bit and luckily, it didn’t catch our teacher’s attention. I am very irritated to this creature here. He really won’t stop bothering me and he’s getting on my nerves.

“After this, I’ll meet you in the cafeteria. We will plan everything there, okay?”

“What if I don’t like??” his jolly expression changed into a bitter one. Ha, it’s not like I will follow whatever he wants me to do.

“Then I will tell your mother that you bullied your weird seatmate and you are being suspended for what you’ve done.” Urgh. He really knows how to threaten me. My mom is an ambassador to our church. She’s a very good person and I don’t want to ruin her reputation just because of this hardheaded bestfriend of mine.

 “Fine. You won.” As the bell rang, I went to the school’s cafeteria. I saw him in the 5th table near the school’s garden.

“So, what do you want me to do?” I started the conversation. I want to end this cheesy plan of his.

We talked about everything that he will do when he will confessed his feelings to Macey. I can’t believe that this guy is so cheesy and corny. It’s making me sick.

Confession Day.

Everything is settled already. All I have to do is call Macey and lead her to where the plan is held. Miko’s plan is to use his so called 3 second seducing. I wonder if it will work. Who’s stupid to fall in love within three seconds?? He’s totally insane. Don’t you think??

It was going well and the moment of truth is going to happen until…

“Miko, you don’t need to do this. I know you will use your 3 second seductive look but I’m telling you, I have already a boyfriend.” And she walked out.

“Ahahahahahahaha.” I laughed at the top of my lungs and I saw him staring really bad at me.

“Why? Are you mad? I told you it was not a good idea. That’s stupidity.”

“You could tell that straight to my face cause you’ve never been inlove. You don’t know how it feels like.”

“Ahahahaha. Oh come on Miko. It’s just a girl. There’s so many out there. Okay, wait. I want to try that three second seductive look that your talking about but this time, I will be the one that will stare at you. Game?”

“Ahaha. Are you kidding me? I’m the only living creature that has that kind of ability but it’s not a bad idea after all. Well then, try me.”

I looked at him straight through his eyes and…

1…

2…

3…

Badump… badump…

What’s happening to me??

Miko’s Point of View

1…

2…

3…

Three seconds had passed and I realized that I’m not the person that should be called the three second seducer. It should be Alexa.

After the third count… I felt my heartbeat went faster and It even skipped a beat.