Part III [Pokemon Fan Fiction] Pokemon Deep Purple (Cayden's POV)

This is part three in a series i am writing that started off as a little short story for my friend. This version is from the Point of veiw of Cayden, my brother. I highly reccomend that you read up to part IV of Desmond's Point of veiw before you start reading this version. I try to use as much canon information as i can as the base and i work from there. Its my first time writing so it may not be great, I hope you enjoy it anyways. Without any further delay, enjoy.

     A massive Pokémon loomed over me in the shadowy sky, at least 26 feet long from head to tail with a wingspan of 34 feet. The wind picked up as Pokémon got close enough to see its glowing red eyes and when it landed I was almost blown off my feet. It gave a mighty cry and a ball of yellowy-red energy formed in its mouth. It loosed the beam of energy at me as a small Pokémon jumped in front of me and into the blast.

    I woke up in a cold sweat and recalling the dream, I started crying silently. Vowing to never catch a Pokémon that resembled the Pokémon that had died in my dream, I passed out again.

     The next morning I was woken up by Drake before the sun was even up and he had a mad gleam in his eyes. “Do you remember where the crater is?”

    “Umm, no…” I sat up groggily, remembering that I had had a horrible nightmare, but not able to remember what had happened in it.

    He grabbed my shoulders and shook me slightly, “Well I'm going up to the top of the mountain to seek out Deoxys, you should come.”

    “Why?” I asked noncommittally, trying to recall the dream, with no luck.

    “Cause I can keep you safe from anything that may happen to you. Keep watch while you train, till you're ready to go off on your own.”

    He made a good point, so, pushing the dream from my mind, I decided I would go up to the peak with him and Jeff.

    “James! Get up, were leaving in ten minutes.”

    “My name is Jeff!” Jeff huffed, putting emphasis on his name.

    “Whatever. We are leaving in ten minutes, pack up camp and send the supplies back to headquarters.”

    Jeff, got to his feet and shot Drake a dark look over his shoulder as he started to pack up their minimal supplies. Pressing a button on his watch, he brought all the stuff to the center of the clearing and a Pokémon, which I remembered to be Dragonite from my explorations of my Pokedex, swooped into the clearing. This Pokémon didn’t seem happy to be wearing a silver collar around its neck and it seemed to radiate dark thoughts. Drake caught me staring at the Pokémon with concern and he laughed. “So you noticed something is different about it, did you?”

    He took a step forwards and the Pokémon smashed its tail on the ground threateningly without turning around. “This is a shadow Pokémon, one of the older ones that’s harder to control. The fact that it’s a pseudo legendary doesn’t help its attitude.” 

     “Pseudo legendary? What the heck does that mean?”

     “A pseudo legendary is a Pokémon with really high base stats, three evolutionary stages, their last evolution has two types and they can breed, meaning there are more than one of them. Basically, they are Pokémon with the power to match a legendary but they aren’t exactly legendries.”

     “Does Axew evolve into a pseudo legendary?” My Axew looked up at the sound of its name and gave its chirping bark kind of a cry.

     “No, Haxorus is a semi-pseudo legendary, but that’s a bit more complicated so I won’t go into it. The pseudo legendary Pokémon are Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamance, Metagross, Garchomp and Hydreigon.”