1) Roses

Annie watched as her friend, Butch, prepared to charge at her other friend, Lea. The two were playing battle, and had asked Annie to be the referee.

"Okay you two, I want a nice, clean fight." Annie glanced at Lea- who had a tendency to spit in Butch's eye- as she spoke. "I don't want to see any spitting, wool pulling, or any biting."

"On the count of three." Annie took a step back. "One, two, three!"

Butch reared up before running at Lea, who dodged to the side before he could hit her. She brought her hoof up to kick him in the side.

Butch lunged at the smaller lamb, getting a mouth full of dirt when she dodged again.

Annie snickered, and Butch shot her a dirty look. He spit out his dirt and tackled Lea.

Lea kicked him in the gut with her back hoof and was able to free herself while he was whining about it.

Lea saw her chance, and tackled Butch to the ground.

"One, two, three; Lea wins!" Annie cheered. She gave Butch an apologetic smile before going to congratulate Lea.

"What am I doing wrong?" Butch asked no one in particular. "I got my ass kicked by a lamb."

"Excuse me?" Lea narrowed her eyes at him. "I am a full grown sheep, thank you very much."

"We better get back to the herd." Annie said, looking up. "The sun is setting, and we don't wanna be out here when the lions come out."

"L-l-l-lions?!" Butch ran to hide behind Lea, who rolled her eyes.

"And you called Lea a lamb." Annie giggled.

"Hey, even the bravest sheep ever is afraid of lions." Butch stepped out from being Lea.

"Yeah, sure." Lea said sarcastically, "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

Annie froze, a familiar smell filling her nose. She scanned the tall grass frantically, gasping when she caught sight of movement.

"G-g-g-guys?" Annie could feel herself shaking.

"What is it?" Butch and Lea stopped their fighting.

"Run!" Annie shouted, spinning around and darting back towards the herd. "Lions!"

"L-lions?" Butch and Lea wasted no time in chasing after her.

Behind them, a squirrel emerged from the grass. The small creature watched curiously as the three lambs ran away.