I could stuff my face till I'm as wide as the universe

Jane's POV

"Ugh. I could really go for some Chinese right now." Martha groaned me slightly laughing at her.

"You just had lunch then minutes ago." I said in disbelief.

"But I'm craving it, and I'm eating for two so I'm supposed to be stuffing my face with all I can eat." A childish smile was plastered onto her face. "Now that I mention it we should go to the all you can eat Chinese Buffet. That way I could stuff my face till I'm as wide as the universe."

"Only you Martha." I shake my head laughing to myself while she gave me a toothy grin.

"Ms. Cole." Dylan called tapping my leg. Turning to Dylan I crouched down to become some what of face to face. "Can you get me the crayons so I could make mommy a picture?"

"Sure." I grabbed onto Dylan's small hand guiding him to the back that held my favorite things in the world.

Creative things.

Reaching on the top shelf I grabbed the box of crayons handing them to Dylan. Dylan ran off with the crayons to a small table with papers scattered across it.

"You know I fear about having this baby." I turned to face Martha looking down at the belly carrying her unborn child. Her hand ran small circles around it, the slight look of uncertainty on her face. "Vincent and I are always busy. He's always at the hospital trying to get his surgical career going working a whole 80 hours a week, he's never home and I support him one hundred percent but I know it's gonna start feeling like he won't be home to help out and I'll have a baby to take care of and it all just seems stressful . . . And. . ."

"Stop worrying." I cut her of putting my hand on top of hers. "It's no different form watching the kids here."

"Yeah but the difference is that I could give them back to their parents but for this one I won't be able to give her to anyone because she is mine." She laughed sitting down in her seat again.

"You'll be a great mother and I'm sure that Vincent will take some time off to help out. Knowing him he'll put his family above work any day." I sighed sitting next to her.

"I know, but just what if? What if he has overtime and he called in for work or if he has to stay late nights at the hospital or..."

"You don't have to think about that now and if you do need a break I wouldn't mind babysitting for a while."

"It's very stressful and time consuming." She sighed. I nodded my head resting my back against my chair. I was hit with a sudden dizziness that made my head hurt and a harsh moan to escape my lips. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah just a little light headed. It will pass and I will be fine."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Ok you need to go home." Martha said to me after I grabbed on the wall for support.

"I'm fine." I replied standing up straight.

Martha places her hand on my forehead for a moment. "Your burning up." She pushed me down into a chair. "I'm calling Daren."

"No I'm fine. I just need to get a cold wet rag and cool off." I didn't want to bother Daren at work. He was so busy running his slowly growing company and I get off of work in a little while I wouldn't want to stop him from getting his work done.

"No I'm calling him." She pulled out her phone dialing Darren's number. My skin felt clammy and I was feeling so much unbearable heat. I feel a light coat of sweat layer my skin. I couldn't take it.

The chair felt uncomfortable, I felt drowsy, and everything was spinning like I was on some sort of drug.

Not long after Daren was here next to me with his hand on my forehead. He exchanged a few words with Martha then carried me to his car. Once I was put in the passenger side of the car I instantly fell asleep with my hand pressed against the car window.

~ ~ ~ ~

I woke up to my body swaying slightly. My head was pressed against Darren's chest, while his hand were place firmly on my back and at the bends of my knees.

"This reminds me of our wedding night." I muttered trying to find the will to speak. He simply laughed, easily unlocking the door with me in his arms and closing it with his foot. He carried me up the stairs to our bedroom and sat me on the bed. My body felt hot and I found it a little harder to breathe.

Daren walked to the bathroom. I heard the shower running as laid down and turned to my side wanting to fall asleep when Daren walked back into the room. "Don't sleep yet ok." He spoke lifting me to sit back up again. He took off this blazer then reaching to take off my shirt, and soon after my shirt. I watched through blurry vision as he undressed me. I was once again in his arms then placed in the bathtub that was filled with cold water.

The water first shocked me, but my body slowly got used to it. Daren sat at the edge of the tub gently stroking my hair. "That should help your temperature go down." He Kissed the side of my head rolling up his sleeves. He grabbed a wash cloth, filled it with soap, and began scrubbing my sweaty body. It's been a while since I've been pampered like this by my husband.

I enjoyed the silence and the feeling of his massages as he lathered my body in soap, relaxing the tensed muscle. My fingers began to wrinkle. Daren took that as a cue to get me out of the tube because, before I knew it he was rinsing off the soap from my body later covering me with a towel and helping me to the bedroom. After I was dried he grabbed one of his oversized shirts putting it over my naked body.

I felt so drained.

Daren laid me down onto my pillow and covered me with a thin layer of sheets. "Go to sleep." He said. Without argument I complied seeing it was a miracle that my eyes were still open seeing they were heavy. Giving me one last kiss on the forehead Daren left taking off the lights and closing the door behind him.

That's when sleep surrounded me, locking it arms around me, and captured took me to my dreams.