1: Glo Up Someday.

[Illijah "A$AP Illz" Ulanga as Ali Porter]

1| Glo Up Someday.
"Bitch, you gotta glo up one day/
You gon' be important one day/
...
I'm bout to go and everybody gotta glo up one day."
~ Chief Keef, "Gotta Glo Up One Day"

9 Years Later...

"Oooh girl, I love it!" My client, the famous Teyana Taylor, said as she twirled around in her short, black Kenzo dress and white MM6 designer sneakers. Her curly Afro weave looked great, and she looked unique compared to other Kenzo models I have seen on advertisements.

"Thank you! You look fine as hell, baby girl," I replied with a smile. "Iman gon' want to rip that dress off you!"

She laughed, blushing at the mentioning of her man, Iman Shumpert. Teyana was always one of my favorite clients to style. She reminded me a lot of myself in terms of personality and how we dress. She was my most loyal clients, for she was the first real celebrity I got to style at the beginning of my career three years ago.

Before conversation could continue, the set manager of the Kenzo shoot had called for Teyana to get on set and prepare to shoot. I gave her kisses on the cheek and said my goodbyes as she hurried onto set.

I packed up my clothes and other items into my Nike duffle bag that sat alongside my white MCM purse. I took a minute to look at myself in the full body mirror. If I do say so myself, I grew up into a beautiful adult. Not much changed about my face, but my hair grew longer and spent it's time up in a ponytail at work, and my style changed a bit. I showed much more skin compared to when I was in high school. Today I had on a black plain crop top, a pair of black fitted jeans from Zara, and a pair of yellow Guiseppe heels on my feet. I didn't too much like to be drowned in designer. It just wasn't me, although I was surrounded by designer every second of my life as a celebrity stylist.

I grabbed my bags and exited the room, giving a few goodbyes to one of the hair and makeup stylists. There were two other stylists for hair and make up, but they were to arrogant for my liking. I walked past them confidently, peeping them giving me dirty looks as I walked past. I never understood why females couldn't just compliment rather than hate. It was exactly why I didn't have many female friends outside of Keemie and my roommate, Deyani.

"Lean On" by Major Lazer blared from the speakers of the photography studio as the Kenzo shoot was in progress. I watched from the sidelines as Teyana and another girl worked their angles and posed for the cameras. I took in the moment, exhaling in satisfaction. I achieved every dream I ever had, and I was only 25 years old. Like Jay Z and Biggie, I made something out of myself coming out of Brooklyn. Every minor setback in my life led up to a major comeback. And this was only the beginning; I planned to build a fashion empire by the age of 35.

My thoughts were interrupted by the vibration and the blinking LCD light of my iPhone 6. I took it out of my pocket and instantly smiled at the name that came across my screen. I clicked the "Accept" option.

"Hello?" I said, cheesing.

"Where you at?" The sultry, sexy voice resounded on the other line. The sound his voice instantly made me wet.

"In the studio. You here?" I inquired.

"Yeah."

"Okay," I said as I grabbed my bags and placed them on my shoulders. "I'm about to leave now."

"Aight, baby girl."