Chapter 1

(Original Fiction Story) - All Rights Reserved

 * OST: _ _ _ _*

* [Memories from a Bittersweet Excerpt] * 

L O V E...as they say is immortal and never-ending. It does not die easily or fade away even for a long period of time. it goes beyond words or actions. Love has ways of creating moments and connecting people, it's like it has its own mind that one couldn't really explain.

The heart...once broken is capable of spilling emotions we never knew before. It has more than a thousand words to speak if we just allow it to. For the heart has its own reason itself could not fathom. The heart...as fragile as it seems, holds a strong power that not even one genius could ever explain about.

But what if you never had the love you've always wanted your whole life? What if the love you have right now doesn't really make you completely happy in the future? What if everything about love suddenly stopped short? Are you just gonna cry? Are you just going to wait for some miracle to happen?

Serendipity...anyone???

*sigh*

*I stop midway from writing my draft to eat a piece of belgian chocolate*

If this happens to you, have you ever thought of this question: Could there still be a chance for true love to exist?

 Well, I wasn't really going to relay all the meaning of a bittersweet romance. I didn't really even wanted to bring my past over and over again, it just keeps breaking my heart. But I can't completely feel the closure unless I get this over and done with. 

And so, here I'am again....trying to recall my old self as I take you all with me to my bittersweet past and I must admit that up until this time I haven't shared this to my family. Yes, I already have a husband and we already have kids. It will be forever kept as my secret -- my black pearl, as I call it from my past.

And only time will tell until when I will keep this in my heart . . .

[PROLOGUE]

"Oppa! Are you even listening to me? What's bothering you? Lately you've been staring blankly on space...is something wrong?" Sung EunMi asked as she brushed strands of hair away from Cha HyunJae's face. They're sitting side by side on an old wooden dock facing the lake watching the sun set. It's still 5:45 in the afternoon but he's already seeing fireflies from a distant lakehouse. He can still remember the last time he's seen fireflies, that was not so long ago when he used to visit the restaurant, his father would take him to the nearby lakehouse during idle time and they would talk about HyunJae's future and how his father wanted to give him the entire ownership of Lakeside Cafe & Restaurant (LCR) -- the italian restaurant that his father built from fruits of labor. But being a restaurateur was never his dream, he always wanted to program computer databases and systems. His ultimate plan -- to someday look up and become a proudly acclaimed computer scientist.

It's been already three days after his father's burial, but he still can't believe that he's already managing the big food business he inherited from his father. More than that, EunMi kept giving him pressures of getting into a relationship. They were close friends for more than eight years now but he's really not sure if he wanted to try it to the next level. He always thought of being a better person for her, but never as a boyfriend-kind of person. He just doesn't have the wits to voice it all out to her yet, maybe soon when the right time comes.

"Pom nikka? The fireflies...can you see them?" HyunJae extended his right arm and pointed towards the lake house.

"Ne (yes)...they're beautiful. How come they're already out at this early point in time? What's that place over there? Oppa...let's go see it." EunMi was referring to the lakehouse. She stood up and grabbed HyunJae's hand but he didn't even move, she felt his firm grip.