Chapter 2

Me and Robbie went our separate ways and I walked up to my locker. I opened the door when Joey the Goth of our school came up to me. It’s weird he has the whole outfit for being a Goth but I never see him depressed. (No offence to Gothic people). He walked up to me and leaned on the locker next to me.

"Hey Bridget." He said looking in my locker then the books in my hands.

"Joey."

"So how'd you do it?" he asked finally looking at my face.

I shoved a book in my locker and glanced at him from the corner of my eye. "Do what?"

"You know, try to kill yourself." he said with real curiosity on his face.

Really? People are still talking about that. It was like a month ago. man am i glade schools out next week. "I thought everyone knew." I said turning to him.

"Well everyone has their own idea's but I would love to hear the juicy details." he leaned in waiting.

I roll my eyes and push past him.

"You know some people say, you locked yourself in the bathroom with a gun and your dad saved the day." he said quickly.

I stopped and looked behind me. "There was no gun, Joey” I turned back around. “Just old fashion cutting and swallowing a bottle of pills." I said the last part quietly so I don't know if he heard or not i just kept walking.

He wasn’t fare off about my father saving the day though.

FLASH BACK.

I looked at myself in the mirror hating everything I saw. Me, the bathroom. I kept hearing their voices to. Whore, easy, slut, tease. Every word was coming back since that night and his face popped up in my head. His stupid smirk and those stupid dark eyes that I keep seeing every night.

I can’t take it anymore. Dyeing sounds like sweet victory, not a bad thing at all. Never having to see their faces ever again or hearing their whispers every time I walk by them. I grip the pill bottle harder in anger just thinking about everyone in that stupid school.

I spill the pills across the counter top and grab the blade. I take a handful of the pills and stuff them in my mouth. I do it again and swallow everyone one of them while watching myself in the mirror, hating every little piece of me. I swallow every pill that was spilled across the counter top then I take the blade and press as hard as I could to the inside of my wrist.

I do it three times while watching the blood spill out of the cut then run down my arm dripping on the floor of the bathroom.

Then there was a pounding my mother's voice coming from the other side of the door. I look down at the handle and realize I didn't lock the door. I never have to, everyone in this house knocks first.

I start panicking thinking I won’t be able to finish but then I remember the pills I took. The only thing I wish was that my mom didn’t have to see this.

She opens the door and her eyes go straight to where my hand rests on my wrist with the blade still gripped in.

"Stan!" she shrieks my father’s name and rushes to me. She grabs a towel and presses it to my wrist. Knocking the blade out of my other hand. I try to push her hand away but the pills are starting to take the effect.

My knees go weak and I fall to the ground. She knells beside me. I lay down on the floor. My breathing starts to slow and my heart starts to slow down. My mother is still holding the towel to my wrist and I can tell she screams something but I can’t hear it.

The last thing I see is my father walking through the door taking one look at me and taking out his cell. I black out before the call ends.

END OF FLASH BACK

I shake off the memory and head to class. That’s when I notice that Steve is leaning up against the locker's right next to the classroom that I need to go into.

I could ditch but then they'd call my parents and my mom would want to change my pills again. I take a deep breath and hope to anybody he won’t see me. I’m just about to go into the classroom but he sticks his arm out in front of me to stop me from entering.

I backed up quickly before he could touch me. "Well hello." he said with a smirk, he stepped in front of me blocking my way further.

I looked up and saw those dark eyes I have to see every night in my nightmares. I look down and say, "What do you want Steve?"

"How about you and me have another fun night, tonight at Ken's party?" he asked.

The anger and disgust I have built up for the past two months came out and I have no idea why. I looked up at him and said, "Why so you can force yourself on me again?" I asked in a whisper hoping no one could hear me.

His eyes narrowed and turned ice cold just like that night. I shrunk back but that didn't stop him from saying, "you wanted it. That’s why you followed me into that room that night." he took another step and whispered in my ear. "You wanted it." he brushed past me.

The nausea started to roll in my stomach for having him being so close to me. My heart rate sped up and the memory of that night hit me over and over again. I bolted down the hallway, pushing past someone and ran into the girl’s restroom. I throw down my bag and purged into the toilet. I could smell his cologne that he wore that night. I could feel his hands on me, hot and heavy. The pressure and pain of that night. With every memory a new round of nausea hit me and again I purged more and more.

When I was done, I used my hands to cup the water and rinsed my mouth out wishing I had gum. I whipped my mouth and grabbed my bag and walked out.

I started down the hall to class when a hand touched my shoulder. I flinched and moved out from under it. I turned to see Caleb behind me.

"Oh hey Caleb." I backed up so there was some space between us.

"Hey, I wanted to apologize for being an ass last night. I shouldn't have asked if you slept with Steve, it's none of my business but I am glad to hear that it's all rumors."

"It’s okay, you weren't an ass." I said about to turn around.

"That's good to hear. I’ll talk to you later?" he asked while backing up.

"Yeah, sure." I said.

He waved and turned around and started down the hallway. Caleb is popular but not for being a jerk or being hot but being hot just is an added bonus for him. He is popular for being the nicest guy in school; he'll talk to anyone, even the suicidal girl.

I turn and head to class.

So tell me what you think.

comment and vote and fan.