Chapter 1

new story!

i just thought of this so i'm going to try to write it, bare with me.

leave a comment or message me and tell me what you think. vote and fan.

just warning everyone this is a short story. it's not going to be more than 20 chapters maybe not even that long. i dont know yet but just so you know....

ENJOY!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After bed check, I threw the covers off of me and climbed out of bed and as quietly as possible I sneaked to the window and slid it open. I climbed out on the roof and slid the window shut so it was barely open. I tiptoed past my parents' bedroom and walked over to the part of the roof that steeped down. I slid until my feet were hanging off and jumped.

I landed on the ground with a thump and turned around and looked up at my parents' bedroom window to make sure there was no movement signaling that they heard me. I sighed with relief when a deep voice came from behind me, "what are you doing?"

I spun around praying to God that it wasn't my father and sighed again. It was the boy next door, Caleb. "What do you think? I just jumped off the roof, doesn't that give you a hint?" I looked up at the window again but no sign of anybody being awake.

He folds his arms across his chest and smirks. "Your Bridget right?"

Oh boy here it goes again. 'You're the girl that tried to off herself, right?' or and I love this one, note the sarcasm, 'you're the girl that slept around then tried to kill herself, that Bridget?'

I sighed and nodded.

"Oh I didn't know you lived next door."

"I've lived next door to you for 9 years."

"Really? I never noticed." He said tilting his head.

"Yeah that's because we travel in to different directions in school." I said turning back to my house but still no one woke up.

"Yeah, I guess we do." he nods and stuffs his hands in his pockets and his eyes wonder. This always happens next, after me and whoever I'm talking to, get caught up, the awkwardness sets in, the one that says 'I know everything about you.' But they don't.

"So I'm going to go and do what I was planning on doing." I said starting to walk backwards towards the road.

"Yeah,okay." I turn around but his voice stops me. "Did you really sleep with Steve?" he asked.

My breathing stops. Memory's started hitting me one by one and every one of them hurts ten times as bad as that day. "No." I said and walked away.

When I got to the grave yard I walked down the path I have taken a million times since she was put here. I walked up to the right head stone and sat down in front of it. "Hey, Em." I took a deep breath and looked up. "It's getting worse. I don't know what I'm going to do" I shook my head running my hand over the grass blades barely touching them. "They all say that it's going to get better and I'm going to forget but the thing is that they don't even know what I'm going to forget. I don't even think I'm ever going to forget." I look down at my hands in my lap and start rubbing my thumb over the scars on my wrist.

I've been catching myself doing that a lot lately. It's comforting to know that I still have a way out of this.

No, I didn't tell anyone what happened that night, I should have but didn't. It got so out of control, I couldn't fix it now even if I wanted to. Everybody would call me a liar and say I just wanted the attention, like I didn't have enough already. I stayed at the hospital for the rest of that month, I probably would have stayed longer but my parents thought I would do better at home.

I didn't tell the 3 therapist that they made me go see. The only person I told is Emily. It all started with Emily. She was in a car accident during the winter, it was a horrible storm and dark outside and she was driving and swerved into the wrong lane.

After that everything went downhill, then that night happened. It was April only 3 months after Emily pasted away and I wanted to feel something other than sadness that was why I went to that party that night.

But I'm not going to think about that right now. Your probably wondering why I'm at a graveyard in the middle of the night. Well all the doctors don't think it's a great idea to see my dead friends' grave site, don't want to give me more ideas.

So I sneak out every night and come here so I can tell at least one person, even if she gone and trust me I know she can't hear me, what happened, why I tried to kill myself.

So I sat there talking about random things or personal things until I saw the darkness fade and light start to come instead. I stood up, brushed off my jeans, waved goodbye and started the walk home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom walked into my room and walked up to me to wake me up but I was already awake I barely sleep these days.

She touched my shoulder. "Honey? It's time to wake up."

"Okay, mom." I said rolling over so she can see that my eyes are open.

"Breakfast is done, I'll see you in ten." with that said she walked out leaving my door slightly open.

I sighed and got up to get ready. When I was done I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. My father was at the counter getting coffee, my mother at the stove and my younger brother Robbie was at the table already eating.

I sat across from him and he gave me a small smile. I smiled back. Robbie is 16 but seems older somehow. He's the only one that hasn't tried to understand why I tried to do it. He has the same blond hair as me and is tall just like my father.

I have my mother's figure, small and petite. I used to love it, made me popular but now I don't care.

My mom had shoulder length blond hair and my father had brown hair and it was short.

My mother set my plate in front of me with my two pills. She stood beside me and watched me take them and then take a drink of the organ juice. She smiled and walked back to the stove.

My father came over and sat at the head of the table. "So how is everybody this morning?" he asked but it was clearly pointed at me.

"Fine." I said just like every morning. This is our routine, eat, dad asks if I'm okay, mom acts like nothing's changed and Robbie sits and prays for our father to pay attention to him.

See my father is a business man; he doesn't have time to get to know his kids, just his work.

"Good to hear. Do you want a ride to school?" he asked me. I shake my head no. "Okay, I'll see you guys after work. Have a nice day." he stood up, gave me a kiss on the head, a kiss on my mom's check and patted Robbie on the back.

Robbie looked down at his plate. I kicked him under the table and when he looked up I stuck out my tongue and crossed my eyes at him like I used to when I was younger, he smiled.

"Come on, I'll walk with you." I stood up and he followed.

"Are you sure?" my mom asked.

I rolled my eyes then face her. "We'll be fine. Bye, see you after school." I waved at her. Man, it's not like I'm going to try to off myself on my way to school.

I walked out dreading another day at the hell hole they call school.

Okay, tell me what you guys think!

comment and vote and fan!