Duck Calls and Hunting Boots

Cole's POV

I sat in my own world, watching as Anna laughed and smiled and joked around. I was not really paying attention to what was going on, but when Anna's expression went from happy to mad, I knew something was up. Now, it's not hard to make her mad, but when you do, you did something seriously wrong. I watched as she stood and stormed off toward John Luke's truck, him following her closely, Lauren trailing behind him. I stood and followed behind Lauren and hopped onto the bed of the truck where she sat.

"Anna, are you okay?" I asked in reply to which she shook her head. She looked up at me, you could tell she was mad from the expression on her face. She was mad. I knew what would happen. She would call me over tonight crying and we would have a sleepover in the barn, me listening to her crying and telling me about what happened. "Do you need to talk about it?"

"We were talking. Just talking about something. And Reed, that ass, made me mad."

I frowned and wrapped my arms around her as we drove toward her house. "Sleepover? I'll be over around eight. 'Kay?"

She nodded and hopped off the back, stomped into the house and slammed the door. I grabbed my phone and send her a text.

To Anna Banana:

Need me to bring anything tonite? ;)

From Anna Banana;

Just your sexy self;) nah just kitten bring sum ice cream and spoons.. And candy. And blankets

I grinned and made a mental note to remember that stuff.

When the truck pulled to a stop, I jumped down from the bed and jogged inside. I ran to my room and grabbed a t-shirt and a pair of athletic shorts to wear tonight. It's Saturday. Church tomorrow. Crap. I grabbed a pair of khakis and a white shirt and stuffed them in a bag, along with my pajamas and a pair of Sperry's and socks.

"Mom! Dad!" I called when I noticed it was 7:45.

"Huh?" Dad called. I told him I was going to Anna's and would get to church with them in the morning.

I grabbed keys to the Gater and started the short drive to her house. (BTW I know where they live but let's imagine they live...not in the suburbs.) I mentally cursed when I realized I forgot everything, minus the blankets and my bag.

"Hey, everyone!" I hollered, running through the house and out back to the barn.

"Wait!" her voice yelled and footsteps pounded after me.

I spun around and looked at her. Her eyes were puffy, her hair was in a bun and she was in a vulnerable state. And frankly, she looked gorgeous.

-

-

-

Anna's POV

I sighed and pulled on a pair of black, white and powder pink Hello Kitty pajama shorts and a teal seamless Aeropostale razor-back tank-top. In a moment of randomness, I pulled on a t-shirt that I made with a red cross symbol on it that read "Jesus is my lifeguard!! VBS 2011" and my camo crocs.